GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exploding Eyeballs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/01/04 at 18:08
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3410981.stm

This is about a student who, after repeatedly falling asleep, was ushered away from the nightclub by 2 bouncers - but there's a gross twist in addition to getting thrown out.
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Scary about the pen/blade thing.

Crazy huh?

I bet the bouncers get away with it as well.
(The eyeball thing)
Fri 23/01/04 at 16:01
I always get turned down for being too scruffy. Or not tall enough, something like that.

It's why I go to indie clubs. Rock on!!
Fri 23/01/04 at 13:20
Regular
It doesn't seem to matter if you have ID.

You could have a passport, a dental record, 10 witnesses saying 'that's the guy', or mugshots, but if they don't like your face, you ain't going in.

Then you see some drunk 14 year old girls going in ....

*crushes paper cup*

I don't get turned away for being too young, now and again for being scruffy, but never for being too young .... :D
Fri 23/01/04 at 13:19
Regular
"That's right!"
I always try and act cool while walking in (as cool as someone like me CAN act) If I'm talking to a mate, I'll ignore the bouncers, if not I'll give them the nod. I try to remain cool if I get asked, which is rare, but it happened on a bank holiday Monday not long ago.

If you go in looking scared, or already holding an ID, they'll think something's up. They blatantly KNOW half the people they're letting in are under age. Back when I was 17, I'd see entire clubs full of people I knew were my age, or younger. But that doesn't stop them throwing out the kids who don't LOOK 18.
Fri 23/01/04 at 12:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I took my I.D out last night before they asked and they were suspicious of me

" Aye aye mate bit keen "

" Just used to it "

" Aye why is that then? "

" Dunno, look young "

" Aye, Bob is he 18 I cannae work it out "

" Turned 18 last week "

*look of death from bouncer*
Fri 23/01/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I heard about this last week, and it's sick.

I know Bouncers are supposed to be "tough" and to show anyone mis-behaving `who's the bossī, and all that; but there are boundries!

They deserve to go to court, get locked-up and everything! :@

Then again, one's from Thornbury and the other lives Horfield...
If you know Bristol, you'd know that'd explain a lot! ;)

And what about the guy who's lost the sight in one of his eyes? Is he getting any kind of compensation or anything for it??

He should at least get to treat them in the same way; only, with a bigger walkie-talkie and bigger STONE-steps!
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:01
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> Aaah... the nod. Something women will never understand. The nod is a
> hello, or an entire conversation. Either way, it takes but one
> second, and in it lads can say as much as girls can nattering for ten
> minutes.

Never noticed that women didn't do it, just instinct I suppose. What's funny though is when someone looks at you down the street, you give him the "nod", and he just looks back with a grumpy/serious expression.

And giving "the nod" to girls gets a smile, 90% of the time.
Tue 20/01/04 at 16:56
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Bouncers are scum.
Tue 20/01/04 at 12:48
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> All hail the nod.

*nods in recognition*
Tue 20/01/04 at 12:48
Regular
Do you have to have very long and go nowhere conversations with sweet old ladies, day in, day out?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.