GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] The Transporter 2"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/09 at 09:13
Regular
"THFC"
[FILM] The Transporter 2

Statham is back as one of his signature roles, The Transporter. After surviving in the last film, he has moved from France and is working in Miami. The start is very similar to the first, the car park with things being checked. Then a group of young thugs try stealing his car, pointing a gun at him and holding lead pipes. Getting out the car the film is very quickly into the fight scenes we are used to seeing in this film. Leaving the group beaten on the floor after so moreover the top moves that Spiderman would be impressed with, he drives off to his package. Unlike the first film where he was taking packages from criminals and drug lords, this time he is driving a kid from school......

Most people would say this is a pretty easy job, especially when it is for a very rick family who pay well I am sure. As we learn later on in the first film, Statham’s character is called Frank (most of the first film while going on about rules he will never give his name out as you might be aware by now, hence why I neglected to mention his name in the previous review). The little boy who he collects from school has taken a shine to Frank and enjoys the car trips and playing riddle games on the way home. After the first 20 minutes of showing how Frank lives his life now, on one trip home from School he is asked to take the boy to the doctor’s for an appointment. Aside from having an old friend from France (the chief of police from the first film) coming over he has little to do and enjoys the company, so he accepts. While all of this is going on we see a group of criminals, one who wears little but underwear during the whole film, taking over the doctor’s office, killing the staff and taking their place. When Frank arrive to hand the boy over he soon realises there are a few things wrong and so when he tries to leave, the guns come out and the action is back in full throttle. Frank is luckily more than just a driver and manages to get away and heads back to take the boy home. Unfortunately the car is stopped when laser sights are pointed at the boys head and Frank is made to drive to an old boat yard. The boy is taken and Frank left to go (after having a bomb fitted on his car while not looked) I feel I have to mention this as it shows the kind of action film it is. Fun and enjoyable to watch but at times it is all a bit too much. So the bomb is on the car and Frank is left to go, as he enters the car he notices the bomb and so drives off as quickly as possible, hitting a ramp and allowing a crane overlooking the water to knock the bomb from the car (I told you it was over the top!)

This is the real setting point for the film, it moves on to be about a virus which the boy is injected with and will be passed on to anyone he breathes on. The antidote is only available from the terrorists who have the virus and at a large price, making them very rich, not if Frank has anything to do with it. Whilst being accused of the kidnapping he also tries to take the antidote and save the day. More adrenaline fuelled action scenes, some which mimic the first a bit too close and a couple of the more anticipated fight scenes end all a bit too quick. The good news is that his accent seems to have either improved or gone away. Basically this film is going to be enjoyed by anyone who liked the first; it has a decent plot and some good action scenes. It is all a bit too much at times and like the first it is not the most original plot but a film I did enjoy as much as the first. So I look forward to seeing the third instalment, I imagine it will be similar to this!

7/10
Wed 26/08/09 at 15:25
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Good idea.... well congratualtions again hope you enjoy getting a hd tv
Wed 26/08/09 at 07:36
Regular
"THFC"
lol thanks, i know about the prizes, most the games i want are out end of Sept/Start of October, so i will be waiting a week before i put a claim in, but as other users are aware i am wanting an HD TV for the amazon vouchers might be a good choice.

Basically i hate wasting something as good as a GAD win so i like to make sure i take me time and choose well.
Tue 25/08/09 at 16:32
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Hey Emmie87, just wanted to say you've got some prizes to claim and congratulations!! :)
Tue 25/08/09 at 09:13
Regular
"THFC"
[FILM] The Transporter 2

Statham is back as one of his signature roles, The Transporter. After surviving in the last film, he has moved from France and is working in Miami. The start is very similar to the first, the car park with things being checked. Then a group of young thugs try stealing his car, pointing a gun at him and holding lead pipes. Getting out the car the film is very quickly into the fight scenes we are used to seeing in this film. Leaving the group beaten on the floor after so moreover the top moves that Spiderman would be impressed with, he drives off to his package. Unlike the first film where he was taking packages from criminals and drug lords, this time he is driving a kid from school......

Most people would say this is a pretty easy job, especially when it is for a very rick family who pay well I am sure. As we learn later on in the first film, Statham’s character is called Frank (most of the first film while going on about rules he will never give his name out as you might be aware by now, hence why I neglected to mention his name in the previous review). The little boy who he collects from school has taken a shine to Frank and enjoys the car trips and playing riddle games on the way home. After the first 20 minutes of showing how Frank lives his life now, on one trip home from School he is asked to take the boy to the doctor’s for an appointment. Aside from having an old friend from France (the chief of police from the first film) coming over he has little to do and enjoys the company, so he accepts. While all of this is going on we see a group of criminals, one who wears little but underwear during the whole film, taking over the doctor’s office, killing the staff and taking their place. When Frank arrive to hand the boy over he soon realises there are a few things wrong and so when he tries to leave, the guns come out and the action is back in full throttle. Frank is luckily more than just a driver and manages to get away and heads back to take the boy home. Unfortunately the car is stopped when laser sights are pointed at the boys head and Frank is made to drive to an old boat yard. The boy is taken and Frank left to go (after having a bomb fitted on his car while not looked) I feel I have to mention this as it shows the kind of action film it is. Fun and enjoyable to watch but at times it is all a bit too much. So the bomb is on the car and Frank is left to go, as he enters the car he notices the bomb and so drives off as quickly as possible, hitting a ramp and allowing a crane overlooking the water to knock the bomb from the car (I told you it was over the top!)

This is the real setting point for the film, it moves on to be about a virus which the boy is injected with and will be passed on to anyone he breathes on. The antidote is only available from the terrorists who have the virus and at a large price, making them very rich, not if Frank has anything to do with it. Whilst being accused of the kidnapping he also tries to take the antidote and save the day. More adrenaline fuelled action scenes, some which mimic the first a bit too close and a couple of the more anticipated fight scenes end all a bit too quick. The good news is that his accent seems to have either improved or gone away. Basically this film is going to be enjoyed by anyone who liked the first; it has a decent plot and some good action scenes. It is all a bit too much at times and like the first it is not the most original plot but a film I did enjoy as much as the first. So I look forward to seeing the third instalment, I imagine it will be similar to this!

7/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.