GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In loving memory of someone special"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/01/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Light of the world"
On the third of january my Grandad - Ernest Charles Henry Mizen lost his battle to brain cancer and died peacefully with his two sons and wife of 50 years by his side.

My grandad was not only one of the closest and most loved members of my family, he was also my friend.

I never showed him this but i made it about a year before he died. It pretty much sums gramps up.

God bless you Grandad and thankyou

-Grampa.

Gramps. His feet wide and clumpy moving across the earth with as much finesse as a man with his feet tied to badminton rackets. His short legs bent and peculiar. Running from a pair ribbed brown socks filled by a pair of swollen ankles to a puffy and most unusual knee due to various degree’s of shabby surgery.
His strong wide thighs due to the many years of such extreme activities like swimming, gymnastics and D.I.Y. Now his body couldn’t deal with such luxuries , though his mind screams to RUN!

I can completely wrap myself around him yet my hands still wouldn’t meet! His belly hard and projected due to further operations. The long scar that ranges from his belly button downwards proving he has not just over indulged (Although now that
is one of his most favoured things)

His tanned skin – rough and weathered like leather. A most metamorphic point due to the harsh sun and difficult years in Egypt for a young English man of 18. His body is a map. Or a book of history. The traces of things that have been – like his one finger without a nail from another nasty Do It Yourself accident.

His face has changed like his mind – it has grown and expanded. Things have altered. His warm eyes overpowered by bushy eyebrows of dark grey, wrinkles and lines travelling round his face. The ‘suitcases’ under his eyes – probably due to lack of sleep caused by his breathing condition. Amazingly though, old features still mark him; with a full head of thick hair and a full set of gleaming teeth – bold and strong.
There is no one like Grandad on this earth. His stern authority as a man, His role as the focal point of my family. His wisdom. My Godfather once said anyone of any age can talk to him and he would click like he if the same minority. Yet, watching someone his grandchild act on a stage could bring him to tears. His comical actions and saying from his cockney London roots bring warmth and individuality.

He loves his new car. The metallic blue shimmer and sound of his roaring Daewoo… The ‘POWER BOOST’ button he demands he shows off so he is ‘hip’.

But for someone so strong, there are three things he relies on and couldn’t do without. His two sticks and my lovely Nan. She is his right arm and put them together that’s a relationship the young dream about.

After all, a life and a person is special.
Gramps.
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:41
Sad to hear you loss Lil Ginge, as Scopey said your family seem to be very closely attached, so I guess you can help out each other when you need it.
From your posts here your grandad seemed to be one heck of a person, both as family member and friend, but at least your memory of him is fresh.

Though I had to laugh when you mentioned you needed the seat modified so you can see the road.

And Sniper, you're not a student are you?
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Like sniper my grandads died when i was young, so much so that i cant remember them at all.
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:32
Regular
Your lucky to have got to known your grandpa both of mine (from my mums and dads side) died when i was very young, my parents were both born in Malaysia but they were living over here in Manchester, England so i didn't meet either of them nor got to know them.
My deep condolences to you.
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:23
"possibly impossible"
Sorry to hear about your grampa. As the others say, he would be proud of what you wrote. I lost both my grandfathers over the last 2 years and I still think about them all the time.
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Light of the world"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Ginge behind the wheel.
>
> *Panics*

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey i am a good driver

- now that they altered the seat so i could see over the wheel i dont hit nobody no more and says I be off in no time!
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ginge behind the wheel.

*Panics*
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
I wish I worked at a medal making factory and I'd make him a medal saying "top geezer" on it.
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Light of the world"
thanks

He was proud. He told me he was proud.

He said he was proud when I failed my spanish exam lol

He wont be able to see me pass my driving test which is hwat we ewere talking about. When he was diagnosed and got worse he had to sell his car. The man then distributed all of the money amongst all 5 grandkids

£400 each to save and put towards when we learn to drive. thought ahead huh
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:46
Regular
"cachoo"
With the words you write about him, I bet he was proud of you.
I can't really relate to you for having someone so close die, but hope you stay strong, which is how you seem. Like you're remembering all the good times and such. I don't think 'good luck' is even the right thing to write, but.. Good luck and stay strong :)
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
*hugs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.