GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saddam condemned to death."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/11/06 at 10:03
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6117910.stm[/URL]

Surely that makes us and the international community as bad as him?

(Aside from the formality of a trial)
Wed 08/11/06 at 01:31
Regular
pb wrote:
> And yet we had a right to invade in the first place and meddle
> in the country's affairs without them asking?

As a matter of fact we now do, you know it better as the war on Terror, it allows us and the US to invade any country we want where we feel terrorism is taking place, and its all down to 9/11.
Tue 07/11/06 at 17:33
Regular
Smedlos wrote:

> Iraq has a government and security forces now and we need to
> pull out sooner rather than later.

Forces that are made up of desperate, previously unemployed citizens with limited resources and inadequate screening processes to root out those still loyal to Saddam, or who wish to cause sabotage through spying? The 'forces' are a ragtag group strung together by the allied forces as a poor attempt to hand over power. Who knows how many of these are fighting for the other side, let alone competent enough to do the job.

Seifer wrote:
> biglime wrote:
> I can't believe this widespread opinion that I keep hearing, by
> newspaper readers, letters, general word of mouth -
>
> And at what point did i say i agreed with the war?

You're taking it personally, it wasn't aimed directly at you.
Tue 07/11/06 at 16:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think pulling out would actually calm the situation down as a lot of the tension is caused by the soldiers still being there.

Iraq has a government and security forces now and we need to pull out sooner rather than later.
Tue 07/11/06 at 16:17
Regular
biglime wrote:
> I can't believe this widespread opinion that I keep hearing, by
> newspaper readers, letters, general word of mouth - surely the
> people speaking must realise that they are proving themselves to
> be grossly hyopcritical? I have heard some who don't see it as an
> invasion. A friend of a work colleague said 'Our job is done,
> time to pull our boys out'

And at what point did i say i agreed with the war? I didn't, that war was for oil and its turned into a disaster, if we were to leave then the country would crumble but eventually they're going to have to hand the country back and let the Iraq Government try and deal with the problems.
Tue 07/11/06 at 16:00
Regular
Seifer wrote:
> Everpain wrote:
> Saddam is now more than a war criminal. He is a martyr.
>
> Thats the only comment which i agree with but then again its
> their country so its up to them what they do to him, we don't
> have a right to say really.

I can't believe this widespread opinion that I keep hearing, by newspaper readers, letters, general word of mouth - surely the people speaking must realise that they are proving themselves to be grossly hyopcritical? I have heard some who don't see it as an invasion. A friend of a work colleague said 'Our job is done, time to pull our boys out'.
Tue 07/11/06 at 10:14
"possibly impossible"
Seifer wrote:
> Everpain wrote:
>
> Thats the only comment which i agree with but then again its
> their country so its up to them what they do to him, we don't
> have a right to say really.

And yet we had a right to invade in the first place and meddle in the country's affairs without them asking?
Tue 07/11/06 at 00:56
Regular
Everpain wrote:

Thats the only comment which i agree with but then again its their country so its up to them what they do to him, we don't have a right to say really.
Mon 06/11/06 at 19:21
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> Trying him by the same system he ruled with is just sending out
> the message that he was right all along...

Its hardly the same system but even so what other alternatives were there? Keep him in jail for years without trial until an entirely new legal system is forged?
And how "fair" would it have been to try him under a new system? If it became illegal to post on forums tomorrow, would hardly be fair if we all got tried for posts we made today. I dont think you can have any sort of justice without trying him under the system he created. He made the rules, its quite right he should be accountable to them as well.
Mon 06/11/06 at 17:37
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Alfonse wrote:
> Death is the easy ay out. He should be put in some form of hard
> labour camp.

He would deserve such treatment for his actions, but unfortunately there are a great many laws forbidding such things!

This would have been a welcomed event if the Iraq War hadn't descended into the insurgency-fuelled chaos it did. Had there been a good reason for invasion and not been at a time of so much widespread terrorism (Or so we are to belive), maybe this would not have happened. Maybe the first Gulf War should have led to his ousting? Will the Americans ever learn about when it's right to intervene? Who knows?

I just hope the Iraq situation is in some way cleared up; how, I do not know, but it's been rather shambolic; the conduct of the initial invasion and almost everything after. Were there actually WMDs, maybe things would be considerably different...
Mon 06/11/06 at 09:30
"possibly impossible"
Yes, all clap the stupid system that will make Iraq even more volitile. And I won't even try to mention the proximity of the outcome to the political campaign in the US at the moment where they're worried about turnout.

Trying him by the same system he ruled with is just sending out the message that he was right all along...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.