GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old Question about Live and a 128k line from NTL"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/01/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Couldn't find any "recent" topics from last three months so have to start another one, sorry. I will be adding one to the Xbox sales numbers before the end of Jan and need to find out if a 128k line (it runs at 256k 95% of the time) is OK for Live (I won't use my PC at the same time obviously).

So anyone here have any experience of running Live on 128k line ? and do I have to tell NTL or do anything or is Live just a case of plug 'n' play ?

Thanks
Fri 16/01/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Couldn't find any "recent" topics from last three months so have to start another one, sorry. I will be adding one to the Xbox sales numbers before the end of Jan and need to find out if a 128k line (it runs at 256k 95% of the time) is OK for Live (I won't use my PC at the same time obviously).

So anyone here have any experience of running Live on 128k line ? and do I have to tell NTL or do anything or is Live just a case of plug 'n' play ?

Thanks
Fri 16/01/04 at 15:37
Regular
I'm not certain if 128k does work on Live. However, if it does, I wouldn't go joining any big matches or anything - people will start kicking you due to lag.

As for joining Xbox Live, it is just a case of putting the disc into your Xbox, following on screen prompts, and you're off and away.
Fri 16/01/04 at 15:40
Regular
You don't even need to have a disc.

If you have a more recent model of the Xbox, the Xbox Live option is already there, and if you have BB connected, then register you're name and you're away..
Fri 16/01/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks chaps, someone out there must be running Live on a 128k line
Fri 16/01/04 at 16:00
Regular
I'm not certain whether Microsoft allow it - Just like they wont a 56k line.
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:58
Regular
"\\"
Can't you just pay an extra £8 a month and get 500k?
Fri 16/01/04 at 19:57
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Aoe wrote:
> Can't you just pay an extra £8 a month and get 500k?

If its NTL its 600k , thats what ive got.

No problems with it.
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:01
Regular
didn't you say "bloody NTL" today or yesterday? :P
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:47
Regular
"\\"
Mister T wrote:
> Aoe wrote:
> Can't you just pay an extra £8 a month and get 500k?
>
> If its NTL its 600k , thats what ive got.
>
> No problems with it.

Oop. My mistake.

I meant to say 600k.
Sat 17/01/04 at 13:33
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Couldn't find any "recent" topics from last three months so
> have to start another one, sorry. I will be adding one to the Xbox
> sales numbers before the end of Jan and need to find out if a 128k
> line (it runs at 256k 95% of the time) is OK for Live (I won't use my
> PC at the same time obviously).
>
> So anyone here have any experience of running Live on 128k line ? and
> do I have to tell NTL or do anything or is Live just a case of plug
> 'n' play ?
>
> Thanks

I think it will work. But not fast, and xbox live beeing slow it means you beeing kicked out; and un-satisfieng gameplay.

Thou, I do recomand 500 and something it was K from NTL. I am getting my broad band soon; it about 1 MB. with this kind of broad band; you wont get kicked out!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.