GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old Question about Live and a 128k line from NTL"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/01/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Couldn't find any "recent" topics from last three months so have to start another one, sorry. I will be adding one to the Xbox sales numbers before the end of Jan and need to find out if a 128k line (it runs at 256k 95% of the time) is OK for Live (I won't use my PC at the same time obviously).

So anyone here have any experience of running Live on 128k line ? and do I have to tell NTL or do anything or is Live just a case of plug 'n' play ?

Thanks
Mon 19/01/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Creepy wrote:
> didn't you say "bloody NTL" today or yesterday? :P

I did in December but it's all sorted now, just need my laptop back from Samsung ...
Sat 17/01/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kernal wrote:
> First of all, Bill Gates is a billion air and he has got the
> expensivest hardware known to man. You cannot get 3GB DDR Ram, the
> highest you can is 1.750 GB SDR RAM, wich costs £800 .

Yes you can get 3Gb DDR RAM, not all on one stick but the orignal post did'nt say that. Most motherboards have 3 slots. 1Gb stick in each slot equals 3Gb of RAM.
Sat 17/01/04 at 22:10
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> First of all that is rubbish, the technology for a processor that fast
> just DOES NOT EXIST.
>
> 3000 or so Mb or RAM is only 3 Gb and I could put that much in my PC
> easily.
>
> I would expect him to have a T3 connection, I certainly would. It's
> 45 Mbs to be precise.
>
> And Microsoft are worth far far more than $47 billion. They are
> currently worth over $300 billion.

First of all, Bill Gates is a billion air and he has got the expensivest hardware known to man. You cannot get 3GB DDR Ram, the highest you can is 1.750 GB SDR RAM, wich costs £800 .

Microsoft is NO_WERE near $300 Billion. You crazy? Bill Gatese is rich, but not the riches. If his company was worth $300 Billion, then the United Stated won't be able to afford it! $300 Billion is totally nuts, were did you get this from anyway? on 2002 it was valued $42 Billion I think, it would be around $50 Billion.

But overall, its $50,000,000,000 . Emagine some one with that amount of money. Bill Gates is about 40YRS, and he has $50,000,000,000 . Now thats LUCKY.
Sat 17/01/04 at 21:09
Regular
"\\"
Blooomin 'eck... How long do they expect him to live?
Sat 17/01/04 at 20:17
"cheerios"
*dies
Sat 17/01/04 at 20:17
"cheerios"
I though it was around $400 billion...

I heard that in order to be broke before he diea, he would have to spend something like £10 million a day...
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:52
"I love yo... lamp."
First of all that is rubbish, the technology for a processor that fast just DOES NOT EXIST.

3000 or so Mb or RAM is only 3 Gb and I could put that much in my PC easily.

I would expect him to have a T3 connection, I certainly would. It's 45 Mbs to be precise.

And Microsoft are worth far far more than $47 billion. They are currently worth over $300 billion.
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:24
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Aoe wrote:
> What if you start calling people names and screaming down the mic? I'm
> sure you'd get kicked out then, even if you had a 10mb connnection :D

yeah, you have a point. Or you could use bad and violant language and get banned!

by the way, 10MB connection reminds me.

Did you know that BILL GATES ( boss of all microsoft; also known as owner of microsoft) has a Extra-ordinary pc?

He has 9.0GHZ proseccer!!! That would come out in 2007 for us ( it costs something between £15,000 - £20,000 ! No kidding; thats how much 9GHZ costs

35MB connection (per sec) That would be £700 a month if we get it!

And I think a 3024 MB DDR ram.

I am not making these up; these facts are true. After all; what do you expect from a Billionair? yes, the company was valued on 2002; it was valuad at $43Billion . $43,000,000,000 . It has gone to about $47 Billion know I think.
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Touched!"
I used to know someone with 128kb..it's ok but not great, large games get laggy and you can't host, go for 600k or above.
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:03
Regular
"\\"
What if you start calling people names and screaming down the mic? I'm sure you'd get kicked out then, even if you had a 10mb connnection :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.