GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sepp Blatter - PERVERT!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/01/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Taken from SkySports.com

http://www.skysports.com/skysports /article/0,,1-1119519,00.html

-----

'NAIVE' BLATTER COMES UNDER ATTACK

Women's football legend Marieanne Spacey has labelled Fifa president Sepp Blatter's suggestion that female players should wear tighter shorts as "crazy".

Blatter said that women should wear skimpier outfits in a bid to raise the popularity of the game and "create a more female aesthetic " - and has sparked uproar from those in women's football.

Spacey, England's most famous female footballer, now manager of Fulham Ladies, laughed off the remarks, but also claimed they are damaging to the growing populrity of the female code.

"It's about the skill and technical ability," she told Sky Sports News. "That's why people come to watch in the first place and that's why people come to watch in the women's game as well.

"We don't get massive crowds, but they come to watch football and what the players look like or what they wear.

"How can you wear tight shorts? It was proved 10 years ago that men running around in tight shorts wasn't very pleasing on the eye.

"You have to take the game on its merits and don't try and dress up to be something it's not. Football is a game and you have to take it on its merits. At the top level we need to get more supporters in and the way forward is to focus on the game and the technical ability, not what the players look like."

Spacey, who won 91 caps for England, admitted that Blatter's comments are likely to cause more damage than harm and suggested that the most powerful man in football has alienated a sport that is rapidly on the rise.

"It does surprise me because he's such a powerful person in the game of football," she said. "But it has caused uproar in the women's game, but it also caused a few chuckles in training.

"If I took tight shorts in to any of my players, they would moan like anything, They're comfortable in baggy shorts - it's all about freedom of movement.

"It's a crazy comment and maybe just a comment made in naivety of the game."

----------

What a thing to say, in the first place... Especially when you're already one of most-hated (and authoritable...) men in football for sticking his nose in where it didn't belong (ie. the Rio Ferdinand affair).

Did he think saying "girls should wear hot-pants and bikini-tops" would make it all better? Are we all supposed to love him now, because he says what a majority of (American) people are bound to have been thinking since they first saw a woman in a football kit??

And what about his job as FIFA President? Surely, saying something like this has got to affect EVERYONE else's views on him? And, perhaps, even, his comments could be found as "sexually" offensive, putting his job at risk, altogether [or, at least, I HOPE!!]??...

Certainly, NOT the way to go about retaining your "reputation"! :)
Sat 17/01/04 at 11:41
Regular
I agree with Blatter on this one.
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Colourless wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote:
> No but seriously, have you seen most women footballers?
>
> Yeah, completely different kettle of fish to women tennis players....

Yeah.

Just adapt Blatter's comment for that, and I'm agreeing whole heartedly with the man.
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Yeah, more...fish-like.
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:38
Regular
"Colourless"
English_Bloke wrote:
> No but seriously, have you seen most women footballers?

Yeah, completely different kettle of fish to women tennis players....
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Yeah, they should be made to play on jelly too!

No but seriously, have you seen most women footballers?
Sat 17/01/04 at 00:03
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
But can you disagree with him?

*Ahem*

I don't mean that really.
Fri 16/01/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
rabid wrote:
> Theres only one reason why i would ever go to watch womens football
> :P
>
> But yes Blatter is a fool and a total one at that, time he stepped
> down.

Definitely. He's always making stupid comments, getting involved in stuff that isn't his business and bneing a pain up the @rse at FIFA.
Fri 16/01/04 at 12:56
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Theres only one reason why i would ever go to watch womens football :P

But yes Blatter is a fool and a total one at that, time he stepped down.
Fri 16/01/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Solskjær wrote:

> "We don't get massive crowds, but they come to watch football
> and what the players look like or what they wear.

He's a pratt there is no doubt about that and I see you cut and pasted the article direct from the site. I don't know who proof read the article before posting it but I cannot believe that Spacey actually said the above :)
Fri 16/01/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Taken from SkySports.com

http://www.skysports.com/skysports /article/0,,1-1119519,00.html

-----

'NAIVE' BLATTER COMES UNDER ATTACK

Women's football legend Marieanne Spacey has labelled Fifa president Sepp Blatter's suggestion that female players should wear tighter shorts as "crazy".

Blatter said that women should wear skimpier outfits in a bid to raise the popularity of the game and "create a more female aesthetic " - and has sparked uproar from those in women's football.

Spacey, England's most famous female footballer, now manager of Fulham Ladies, laughed off the remarks, but also claimed they are damaging to the growing populrity of the female code.

"It's about the skill and technical ability," she told Sky Sports News. "That's why people come to watch in the first place and that's why people come to watch in the women's game as well.

"We don't get massive crowds, but they come to watch football and what the players look like or what they wear.

"How can you wear tight shorts? It was proved 10 years ago that men running around in tight shorts wasn't very pleasing on the eye.

"You have to take the game on its merits and don't try and dress up to be something it's not. Football is a game and you have to take it on its merits. At the top level we need to get more supporters in and the way forward is to focus on the game and the technical ability, not what the players look like."

Spacey, who won 91 caps for England, admitted that Blatter's comments are likely to cause more damage than harm and suggested that the most powerful man in football has alienated a sport that is rapidly on the rise.

"It does surprise me because he's such a powerful person in the game of football," she said. "But it has caused uproar in the women's game, but it also caused a few chuckles in training.

"If I took tight shorts in to any of my players, they would moan like anything, They're comfortable in baggy shorts - it's all about freedom of movement.

"It's a crazy comment and maybe just a comment made in naivety of the game."

----------

What a thing to say, in the first place... Especially when you're already one of most-hated (and authoritable...) men in football for sticking his nose in where it didn't belong (ie. the Rio Ferdinand affair).

Did he think saying "girls should wear hot-pants and bikini-tops" would make it all better? Are we all supposed to love him now, because he says what a majority of (American) people are bound to have been thinking since they first saw a woman in a football kit??

And what about his job as FIFA President? Surely, saying something like this has got to affect EVERYONE else's views on him? And, perhaps, even, his comments could be found as "sexually" offensive, putting his job at risk, altogether [or, at least, I HOPE!!]??...

Certainly, NOT the way to go about retaining your "reputation"! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.