GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"utterly disgraceful"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
not content with a illegal war,the mod then sends out our soldiers without enough equipment to defend themselves
this case of the soldier who died because he had to give up his equipment is beyond belief,and if it brings down the government it wont nearly be enough justice.
Thu 15/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
not content with a illegal war,the mod then sends out our soldiers without enough equipment to defend themselves
this case of the soldier who died because he had to give up his equipment is beyond belief,and if it brings down the government it wont nearly be enough justice.
Fri 16/01/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
No one has said how he died yet, have they? If he trod on a mine or got shot in the face, then there's no amount of personal armour that can stop that. Soldiers die in battles - that's what happens.
Fri 16/01/04 at 11:55
Regular
why did no-one ever shoot robocop in the face?

a little off subject there.

Hey, the modern media would have a fit over the battle of the somme - 100,000 people died in an HOUR, after they marched into machine gun fire from emplacements they were told had been taken out. now that's utterly disgraceful.
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
monkey_man wrote:
> No one has said how he died yet, have they? If he trod on a mine or
> got shot in the face, then there's no amount of personal armour that
> can stop that. Soldiers die in battles - that's what happens.

I believe an army spokesman has admitted that, had he had the standard issue body armour, he would not have been killed in the incident in which he died.

The issue isn't about soldiers dying, it's about sending soldiers to war without the standard kit that each and every one of them is supposed to be issued with. You don't send someone to do a job without the correct tools.
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:24
"Mimmargh!"
The soldier in question was issued with the correct equipment, i.e. the right body armour, but this was removed and given to someone else due to ''eqipment shortages''. Defence spending in the United Kingdom is one of the top three things British governments spend taxes on. I wonder if Mr Hoon can tell us why a 1st world power that is the 4th richest economy in the world can't afford the same equipment for all is soldiers?

Of course, soldiers are always going to die in battle, even with cutting edge training and equipment.

Until they learn to send in highly sophisticated nano-bots to destroy the opposition.
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:25
Regular
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Until they learn to send in highly sophisticated nano-bots to destroy
> the opposition.

or flatulent leprachauns.
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> why did no-one ever shoot robocop in the face?

Me and my girlfriend had that exact conversation last night! I swear they tried to in the third film. Wasn't the back of his head all skin too?

Back to the soldier thing - wasn't there a case of a soldier taking off his gas mask to check if chemical weapons had been fired, because the equipment they had was faulty?
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:40
Regular
"That's right!"
"why did no-one ever shoot robocop in the face?"

monkey_man's right, two of the splatter punks were about to shoot him in the mouth in the third film, but stopped because Robo's gun was considerably bigger than theirs.

He only had the front of his face intact, everything else was metal (though I like the way the black thing on his chin simply disappeared in the first film when he took the helmet off)
Fri 16/01/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
monkey_man wrote:
> No one has said how he died yet, have they? If he trod on a mine or
> got shot in the face, then there's no amount of personal armour that
> can stop that. Soldiers die in battles - that's what happens.
he was shot in the chest
Fri 16/01/04 at 18:02
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Hey, the modern media would have a fit over the battle of the somme -
> 100,000 people died in an HOUR, after they marched into machine gun
> fire from emplacements they were told had been taken out. now
> that's utterly disgraceful.

But, if the modern media existed then, it arguably would not have been done in the first place. Anyway...

It's time for Hoon to leave his position and to get someone in who can do the job. It's beyond belief that we're considering throwing a few billion into an Olympic bid whilst our armed forces go wanting for such vital equipment as body armour. I think that Sergeants widow should, if she can cope with it, release the audio diaries he left behind to the media because I guarantee that - if the transcripts in the media this weekend are true - it will finish Hoon instantly. Might be an idea to cut out the bit about treehuggers though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.