GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 20th Anniversary Megadrive Project"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/08/09 at 15:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've put way too much thought into this and it looks like I'm going to take this project on. :S

Anyway, I would like some feedback from you guys as to what you would like to see from this project.

Here's a nice long games that were released for the Megadrive: Click Here

I'm probably not going to go into any of the Japanese only games as I don't speak word one of Japanese but I will check to see if there is an English option. Also, no compilation games are on that list so I'm not going into them either.

How would you like this project to go? Ideas I've had so far:

Videos (with or without commentary, still undecided)
Reviews on the site with links to video?
Still undecided as to where to start on the list. Should I just go from the numbers to Z or leave the well known games for last?
Should I aim to complete the game or just go for a certain length of playtime? Obviously, long games would be near impossible to complete with the sheer amount of games involved etc.

Any suggestions or if you want to help on the project in any way, please let me know.
Mon 24/08/09 at 18:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, the playing of all the games sounds a bit extreme but there was always a game or 2 back when I got my Megadrive that I would have liked to have played but didn't have the money and there are always a few hidden gems or a game you've forgotten so I just thought playing them all would be a good idea.
Mon 24/08/09 at 17:37
Regular
I'm not sure of the personal gain here to be honest, but good luck

In suggestion, Altered Beast was the first game released for the Megadrive. Why don't you just take a few select games that were released every year, and then you can comment also on the progression of the console? And not have to play so many games

(Personally I like the idea of celebrating the anniversary, but man, playing every game seems just ridiculous and without real aim. As for doing a smaller chronological thing, there aren't the same amount of games released every year I know, and say you might be able to find 5 great games one year and only one in the early years - but then how about casting a vote? To select a few games to give a 'select representation' of each year the Megadrive was developing, somewhat landmark. The result gives more of a history of gaming, more appropriate for recognising an anniversary. A write up on each game then would be the sort of thing I'd read on a big games website and enjoy.)
Mon 24/08/09 at 13:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, the SNES did come out in April 1992 so I could do one for that in time for 2012. :S

Anyway, I think I've settled on 10 minute quick looks with an extended play video at a later time if there is enough demand or time.

With the groundwork laid, maybe something a bit more in depth like was suggested can begin a little later.
Mon 24/08/09 at 13:05
"Retarded List"
What a great idea

I'm gonna honour the great S_NES and play through its entire back catalogue on an upside down TV to see how each game has aged and whether it can be played in a zero gravity environment
Mon 24/08/09 at 12:20
Regular
It would be a great Mega-Drive 'wiki' - especially if customised to look Mega-Drive...y
Sun 23/08/09 at 09:05
Regular
"eat toast!"
I would like a very indepth database of all the games. The levels, the weapons, enemies/bosses, the walkthroughs, cheats, screenshots, easter eggs. secrets, a database of scans of game reviews from the magazines of old, scans of manuals, etc

Its a lot, but if you can get all that info it'll be very informative and intersting to read.
Sat 22/08/09 at 13:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Craziness. It's your project, do it how you want.
Fri 21/08/09 at 15:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've put way too much thought into this and it looks like I'm going to take this project on. :S

Anyway, I would like some feedback from you guys as to what you would like to see from this project.

Here's a nice long games that were released for the Megadrive: Click Here

I'm probably not going to go into any of the Japanese only games as I don't speak word one of Japanese but I will check to see if there is an English option. Also, no compilation games are on that list so I'm not going into them either.

How would you like this project to go? Ideas I've had so far:

Videos (with or without commentary, still undecided)
Reviews on the site with links to video?
Still undecided as to where to start on the list. Should I just go from the numbers to Z or leave the well known games for last?
Should I aim to complete the game or just go for a certain length of playtime? Obviously, long games would be near impossible to complete with the sheer amount of games involved etc.

Any suggestions or if you want to help on the project in any way, please let me know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.