GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£ or €"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/11/06 at 14:56
Regular
I can't really say much about it at the moment because I've not been to a country that uses it yet. It certainly would make traveling to several European countries a lot easier with just the one currency, but apart from that, are there any other advantages?

With my website I will be doing business in the three main currencies, £, $ and €. Having the Euro will make it easier for me to do business with countries in Europe but until I have it running I'll have to wait and see the benefits.

Snake you live in Ireland and use the € how has that been for you? And the rest of you have you been to € countries before?

I'm not 100% sure but can you already buy things in some shops using €s at the moment?

So the big questions, are you all for the Euro? Do you think it'll benefit us and our economy in the long run?
Wed 08/11/06 at 17:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The lira were revalued last year I think, but you're running into the thousands buying just about anything, as far as I know.

And as for £ or €... I'm for keeping the pund. If another country with the single currency has economic problems, then it affects all the others, hence I guess it's more susceptible fluctuate? (I'm no economist, by the way!)

The other problem is that it's a matter of cultural identity... yes, it makes me sound like an uber-Tory or UKIP-er (Neither of which I am!), but there's a point to be seen: this is the UK, not a united EU superstate; EU law already overrrides Parliamentary Soverignty by default, so the UK is at the mercy of Europe on some issues. It need not be more the case than it already is, by changing the currency.
Tue 07/11/06 at 17:29
Regular
"I may return"
How many whatever turkish money is, is in a pound?
Tue 07/11/06 at 14:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Go to Turkey - you become an instant millionaire!
Tue 07/11/06 at 13:52
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm in favour of the Euro - not for any sensible or logical reason, just because I'd feel richer. 1000 pounds = 1492 euros. :/
Tue 07/11/06 at 01:01
Regular
Fraud has also went up by 20% since the changes kicked in throughout Europe.
Sun 05/11/06 at 19:48
Regular
"I may return"
Being unique, is the better then being a freak.
Sorry I just wanted to rhyme :P
Sun 05/11/06 at 19:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
:-\......:-|.......:-D

Anyway, nope, keep the pound. Sure it's nice not having to spend those few minutes changing your currency but then i'd actually like my country to be able to adjust the interest rates and such for the changes in the economy instead of being unable to touch it
Sun 05/11/06 at 18:55
Regular
"I may return"
i think that we should all use the same currency, it would make everything alot easier, but it's probably too late now, and would be too confusing, we would all have to get used to using our new global currency.
If not, then I think we should havfe similar amounts.
Example: A Euro, Dollar, and a Pound should all be worth the same amount, instead of a Dollar being how ever many cents...
Sun 05/11/06 at 17:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think the euro was a good idea, but I like the fact we have our own currency. I like our unique way and to conform to the new would only cause the country to price rise all their goods.

The euro makes going abroad much easier though!
Sat 04/11/06 at 16:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
All the receipts in Tenerife have the equivalent in Pesatas on so they're still clinging onto their currency.

I'm not for the Euro as economically wise it ties in hundreds of millions of people into a single currency and with all the different nations economies being different for reasons other than currency (inflation for example) it gives the respective governments much less power to manage their economy as they want.

Theres also the cultural issues involved for example countires wanting "one of their own" to be responsible for their economy instead of a "foreigner" although on the plus side it's more practical to have one currency as it's more convenient.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.