GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AVP (Alien Vs Predator)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/01/04 at 21:55
Regular
""To the pub...""
This is coming out soon i can't wait apparently a group of scientists discover a battle between a hive of aliens and 5 young predators.

the tag line is.

"whoever wins... we lose"

hopefully it will be as good as i am imagining they better not just go over the top of with graphics and Naff it up.
Sat 17/01/04 at 19:13
"Metal Head"
Whoopie, the day has come that they would make a movie about the best ever alien clash ever.

Predator 1 - Is by far the best ever alien type movie
Predator 2 - kicked ass.

Predators have always been my best alien species since I was 9.
Sat 17/01/04 at 15:31
Regular
"That's right!"
Timmargh wrote:
> I don't think I have. I've got it on DVD but I can't remember which
> version it is. When I dig it out I'll let you know (my place is
> upside down at the moment).

---------

It's the Alien Quadrilogy version (the new boxset they released) It has the original and extended cut of all four films. The Alien 3 extended cut adds a whopping 30 minutes, that's a third of most films, so as you can imagine, there's a fair bit of new stuff.

And the ending has been "fixed" (no more queen chestburster which just happens to come out at the very end, she just drops into the furnace and that's it)

Oh, and the alien comes out of a dead ox instead of a dog (though I thought the dog was better)
Sat 17/01/04 at 15:22
Regular
This was tbhe leaked plot.

Sigourney Weaver should appear at the beginning, bringing the ghostbusters with her to wipe out the aliens and predators, who will cross the streams and cause polar icecap melting which will release, NESSIE, who will then be facehugged and out will pop a mega alien, who will lay face huggers which take the characteristics of their mother, and their prey, the predator, who will be facehugged and out willpop an uber alien, but, the predator heals itself and they destroy earth, mars, juipiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, and then both melt pluto, which causes a devestating reaction, making the sun fly away into another star, causing a catamaclysimic implosion making a black hole which sucks in both the predator and the uber alien that infected it. THey will then emmerge from the black hole as one Aliubetor who will then go back to earth which has returned due to the crazy effects of the black hole, and now, every inhabitant is either a predator or an alien, who then join forces to fight the aliubetor and all get killed by it, before arnie makes his appearance as ROBOT! Who will then bring a robot army with him from the future and they will attack each other before eventually, Nessie heals itself and eats them all.

Nessie then walks (Yes, walks) out of the water at the end to destroy the very little inhabitats left in the Solar System.

(And Robocop is the predator)
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
If *I* had to put them in order of goodness ...

Alien 3
Aliens
Alien
Alien Resurrection

... although I admit Aliens is technically a better film I prefer Alien 3.
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Twenty quid."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Timmargh, have you seen the extended cut of Alien 3? It's like
> watching a whole new film (in terms of adding an actual plot)

I don't think I have. I've got it on DVD but I can't remember which version it is. When I dig it out I'll let you know (my place is upside down at the moment).
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:48
Regular
"That's right!"
I hated Alien when I watched it on New Year's Eve. I'd only seen it once or twice before (and that was years ago) but it had NO affect on me what so ever. I know every line of Aliens before they say it, but it's still a great flick.

Resurrection was pants. They tried to mix the three previous films into one and failed.
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:44
Regular
Alien 3 is great.
If I had to put them in order of goodness :

Aliens
Alien 3
Alien
Alien Resurrection (don't get me wrong, it was good, but was, in comparison to the others, really over the top)
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:41
Regular
"That's right!"
Timmargh, have you seen the extended cut of Alien 3? It's like watching a whole new film (in terms of adding an actual plot)
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I agree - there's no question of me not going to see it, no matter how bad I'm told it is. After all, everyone told me that Alien 3 was pants, but it's one of my favourite films.
Sat 17/01/04 at 14:38
Regular
"That's right!"
I think it's one of those films which, no matter how bad the reviews will be, I'll end up seeing just because the two franchises are great (at least Predator 1 and Aliens were) and I grew up watching them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.