GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"POLL VOTE:genre"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/01 at 03:22
Regular
I would like to know what is everyones game genre????
Mon 26/03/01 at 11:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Blah
Mon 26/03/01 at 11:00
Regular
"not dead"
I guess it would have to be the 3D adventures such as Mario64, but the ones with more RPG elements, like Zelda.

And old school console RPGs such as Chrono Trigger and the early Phantasy Star games.
Sun 25/03/01 at 22:01
Regular
i love football sims and football managment sims. fav football game is SWOS on amiga and ISS on n64. fave managment sim is all of the championship manager series. never been dissapointed with any of them in any shape or form.
Sun 25/03/01 at 22:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Fishstick wrote:
> what is Planetarian

Planetarion is a free online game, no download, see the Planetarion thread for details or planetarion.com
Sun 25/03/01 at 21:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
SNIPER wrote:
> Killing ants is fun.

You wanna bet??

Next time you kill ants, we'll be waiting...
Sun 25/03/01 at 21:58
"Moderator"
RPG's and Racing games,

just look at the recent greats for the DC:

PSO and Shen Mue

F355 which to me seems highly underrated, no body seems to recognise this as the greatest driving game (sim) ever, maybe this is because people cant be arsed to race througha track 50 time and get to know every little corner perfectly, or do the manual gear shift thing, but trust me if you do it is easily the most satisfying game around,
MSR, although i prefer F355, MSR comes a close second

As for beat'em'ups, i really cant see the point, there's no varity now, you purchase one, i.e Soul Calibur or Tekken, and thats it, you need never play another one again as they are all exactly the same gameplay wise, i suppose you could give the exception to something like Powerstone, but that is one of the few games which has looked beyond the simple 'punch kick punch punch' type of gameplay which for me, is highly tedius,

The only reason i choose these Genres is because all the best games ive played are, i dont discriminate against genres, but i might have to make the exception for Beat'em'ups...

come on, name me one great Beat'em'up which breaks all boundaries and can be played now without boring you to death with its lack of speed and varity...

'(.)'
Sun 25/03/01 at 21:58
what is Planetarian
Sun 25/03/01 at 21:50
Regular
Killing ants is fun.
Sun 25/03/01 at 21:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
They used to be my favorite too, but then I got sucked into Planetarion and never recovered.

"INCOMING!!!"
Sun 25/03/01 at 21:30
RPG's are my favourite

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.