GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows 7"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/08/09 at 11:23
Regular
Has anyone else tried Windows 7 yet? I downloaded the RC version and have installed it on my laptop, am impressed with the start up time it boots up in no time at all now and like the small subtle changes that I have noticed and I notice that it uses a lot less resources to run, and has increased battery life by an hour and a half, I now get 5.5 hours out of my battery!

That said I will purchase a licence now for my laptop but doubt if i would upgrade my desktop to windows 7 as I dont feel its a great deal differant to Vista, what are others thoughts.

digi
Thu 20/08/09 at 12:44
"possibly impossible"
Been using Windows 7 RC on both the PCs at home for a while now and I must say it's so much better than Vista and even beats XP for me.

I ordered at the very low price when the pre-ordering started, so I'll have 2 copies coming for my PC in October.

The RTM version is now out for users who are part of Microsoft's testing team, from those that have used it I've heard really good things about even more improvements over the RC version, more stability etc.
Thu 20/08/09 at 11:45
Regular
Only thing I didnt like, but am over it now is that it did away with windows mail, it uses windows live mail, almost identical but not if that makes sense? that said once I reinstalled office 2007 it then wanted to use Office Outlook. Other than that no negaatives so far just plus's

Big + is that you can change the task bar colour! how cool is that?

There are not to many changes from vista, but it does run a lot faster.

Digi
Thu 20/08/09 at 11:37
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I haven't used it yet, however I have pre-ordered my copy based on a combination of the views of my colleagues here at Freeola who have tried the 7 RC and also the hype on the net generally.

I'm not too fussed on trying the RC now though since there is not long to wait. I'd be interested in finding out the negative side of 7, if there is any??!
Thu 20/08/09 at 11:23
Regular
Has anyone else tried Windows 7 yet? I downloaded the RC version and have installed it on my laptop, am impressed with the start up time it boots up in no time at all now and like the small subtle changes that I have noticed and I notice that it uses a lot less resources to run, and has increased battery life by an hour and a half, I now get 5.5 hours out of my battery!

That said I will purchase a licence now for my laptop but doubt if i would upgrade my desktop to windows 7 as I dont feel its a great deal differant to Vista, what are others thoughts.

digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.