GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the social classes of society? A,B,C and so on?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
You know how like A = The Monarchy, B = Lawyers and so on? I need to know what the yare for an essay:(
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:11
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Elvis wrote:
> A* = Ruling Class; Monarch
> A = Land Owners; barons, bishops, lords
> B = Intellegentsia [Upper middle class] (Lawyers, barristers,
> doctors, etc)
> C = Middle Class, (Managers, business owners)
> D* = Upper Working Class (White collar workers)
> D = Working Class (Blue collar workers)
> E = The Peasant scum, (Manual labourers, professional shelf
> stackers)
> F = Hobos

*Prepares for self character upgrade from F to A-B
Tue 13/01/04 at 16:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Talk about your JIKNAR scale and the Hypodermic Needle model. OR, the uses and gratifications model. Now THAT'S gratifying.
Tue 13/01/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yup apprently so from the ages of 14 to about 25 you are more inclined to go to the cinema apparently so right band in the middle are students:D
Tue 13/01/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
Cubist wrote:
> most cinema goers are students

Really?
Tue 13/01/04 at 14:14
"I love yo... lamp."
The social classes are based on occupation, so going by that you can't categorise students. So it would then default to their father, whose occupation is what defines a familiy's class. Though that is faulty in that you could have an upper class mother and a working class father with the family overall working class, even if they are rolling in it.

Any issues with that, take it up with the Registrar General.

Overall however, Britain is a middle class country with most of the population being in the C1 category. Also known as Mondeo Man, they are the ones who generally decide the elections.
Tue 13/01/04 at 11:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Aha, I'm doing media too, all them social groups and Youn & Rubicom and their 4 Cs and all that rubbish.

Foucault. Yes.
Mon 12/01/04 at 23:47
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol actually I am doing a media studies essay and I had to try and define the target audience for a magazine and considering the magazine is Sight And Sound for hard core cinema goers and most cinema goers are students it makes it a whole lot easier if I know what social class they fit into :D
Mon 12/01/04 at 22:33
Regular
"I love J-42"
Please tell me you are not actually revising for General Studies AS exam Cubist? Please tell me you are not...

Hell, even my teacher tells us not to revise for it.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:46
Regular
"That's right!"
You should have been taught it.

Sociology rocks so much.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
A* = Ruling Class; Monarch
A = Land Owners; barons, bishops, lords
B = Intellegentsia [Upper middle class] (Lawyers, barristers, doctors, etc)
C = Middle Class, (Managers, business owners)
D* = Upper Working Class (White collar workers)
D = Working Class (Blue collar workers)
E = The Peasant scum, (Manual labourers, professional shelf stackers)
F = Hobos

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.