GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I saw a man die today."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 15:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
People don't normally listen to you, they just wait until it is their turn to speak. People only listen in two circumstances, when you are telling them something they asked to hear, or when you tell them something that shocks them.

Standing at the top of a 50 foot high college building shouting "I dont want to live anymore" commands attention. The attention of people who have shunned you as an outcast through the months of hard work, where friends are what you need the most.

I saw a man die today.

Death commands attention, it is the one time people will sit up and take notice. People who wouldnt have given him a second glance crowded around to see his lifeless corpse being carted off in the back of an ambulance. They huddled over the crimson imprint his face left as it hit the concrete as he fell.

Some would say he didnt mean to jump, he tripped. Rumours surrounding a guy nobody cared about. All of a sudden it was cool to know him. "Yeah, I knew the dead guy" said people who probably didnt know his name until 10 minutes before he ascenced to the roof.

Death brings attention and popularit, whether it's what you want or not.
Tue 13/01/04 at 22:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Regrding the story;

Um. Yes. Anyway.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Yeh, it was good. I just wernt expecting it not to be real, i thought it would of been an odd thing to joke about.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I can't believe so many people thought this was real.

Anyway, nicely written.
No matter how good it was though, I still can't see how people thought it was real.

And that's not a negative comment on your part - it was because of how well written it was that they thought it was real, even though it was stylishly written etc which makes me, like, stunned at the gullablilty.
Anyway, good.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:23
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Oh, i see now. I will be watching out for more or these.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I “got” it, but it didn’t say anything to me that most depressed TV movies hadn’t already.

Still, well written I suppose.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:16
Regular
"SOUP!"
H²O wrote:
> It's not true? You were lying? joking? explain....

Right dude, its a modern thing called "realism" where you put yourself in a fictional situation and write from a first person perspective as if you were there and present it in a very real way.

I do a lot of stories and pieces like this because it is very expressive. Often people think I'm being serious but it's just creative writing.
Tue 13/01/04 at 17:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cheers everyone, glad most of you "got" it.
Tue 13/01/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
It's not true? You were lying? joking? explain....
Tue 13/01/04 at 16:17
Regular
y'know, I seriously thought it was true until I was arsed to look at the rest of the thread.

Very ncie writing kyz...paradox, even.
Tue 13/01/04 at 11:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
TIMMARGH!

Ah, you're screwed

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.