GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If Fergie doesn't sign a striker this month..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 12:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
We're almost halfway through the transfer-window month of January 2004 already, and yet, Manchester United don't appear to be getting anywhere with new signings, NOW, for the good of our FIRST-team.

Dong Fangzhou looks set to sign for £3.5m - but he will only be playing in the reserves, I'm quite sure.
Then there's that young Celtic midfielder (Miller, I think?), who's been offered a "pre-contract" deal to join on a free, in the Summer...

But, aside from that - and despite what Sir Alex Ferguson PROMISED us United fans - we don't appear to be getting anyone new, with any deals for Mark Viduka and that 19-year-old Dutchman (who's name I forget...) having appeared to have fallen flat on their faces.

Perhaps he does have another "trick" left up his sleeve...
But, if he really wants to make a good deal, surely he has to move now, before it's all too late and the new-boy has less time to settle-in?
This doesn't appear to be happning, though...

And I doubt it's got anything to do with the board and a lack of funds either. If you ask me, he's already got someone else lined-up; someone he cannot get until the end of the season - a time no manager could've ever thought would actually come-around....

I'm talking about Celtic's Swedish (and ageing) goal-scoring sensation, Henrik Larsson, of course! The same player many clubs have been after for years; but neither he or his club have been interested in any outside offer. The man who was "never to leave Parkhead"... UNTIL NOW!

He has stated that this contract (which expires in the Summer) will mark the end of his time with Celtic. So-many goals... So-many match-winning, Rangers-stomping performances.... It's easy to see why he's been so in-demand. And soon, he will finally be up-for-grabs - at the cost of NOTHING!

We all know Ferguson - along with many others - has been a long-term admirer of Larsson's abillity; so, I wouldn't be surprised to see him put the Swede at the very-top of his current shopping-list.
But he still isn't going anywhere until that current deal runs out...

Others clubs have been interested, but who would turn-down the chance to play for our country's very best?! Chelsea (like with EVERY player, these days!) have been linked with him, as have Arsénal (in a similar situation with their lack of striking-options)... But I've got a very good feeling about where he could be heading.

Sir Bobby Robson recently enquired about the Swede's services for his Newcastle side, and was told, we "already know" which club he'll be joining in the Summer. The deal's already done, apparently...

Why else would Sir Alex go all-quiet when he KNOWS we need someone?!

Larsson to Man United this Summer? Let's just wait and see...! ;)
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:39
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Solskjær wrote:
> Sir Bobby Robson recently enquired about the Swede's services for his
> Newcastle side, and was told, we "already know" which club
> he'll be joining in the Summer. The deal's already done,
> apparently...

Yeah, Barcelona. I could have told you this and you wouldn't have needed to type all that stuff up.

:)
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
OverfienD wrote:
> I'm pretty sure he's got something ready for us.

Yea probably some 12 year old he's just signed for 6 million who'll be ready in 'a few years'.

You know by 2010 Man United will be unstoppable the amount of youth players Fergie keeps buying.
Sun 18/01/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well, Fergie better hurry up because he has all of 13 days to sign someone.
Sat 17/01/04 at 19:33
"Metal Head"
I'm pretty sure he's got something ready for us.
Fri 16/01/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What is it with French players in this country, eh?!

After Fulham said they had no intention of selling Louis Saha for any less than £18m - before the summer, also - he's throwing a strop (a la Anelka) and is saying that he will walk-away "for free" if they don't allow him to fulfil his dream and sign for Man United!

I still don't see whatever it is Sir Alex sees in him on-the-pitch; but, with "temper-tantrums" like this, is he really worth it at all???

Oh, and Chickens don't actually "hatch" - it's only the EGGS, which the chickens grow inside of. :P ;)
Wed 14/01/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Colourless"
Foreman wrote:              
> Seeen some funny clips of him on Soccer AM. The time where he tripped
> over as he came out the tunnel, and the time where the referee gave
> him a whack around the head.

That the one where shearer sent the ref off?

Quality.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer player...
Wed 14/01/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Savage has always been gentle and always finds hiself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Seeen some funny clips of him on Soccer AM. The time where he tripped over as he came out the tunnel, and the time where the referee gave him a whack around the head.

=D
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:16
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I met Robbie Savage very recently at a local signing event in Birmingham and i was amazed at just how gentile he was, he shook my hand with a loose grip and he didnt seem to be the same person as you see on the pitch, it was just a total eye-opener to meet him and see waht he was really like.

In contrast i also met Chris Eubank at a book signing in Birmingham in december and when i shook his hand he nearly dislocated my shoulder, the man has hands the size of shovels (honestly) the guy is a man mountain, not the biggest person ive ever met in terms of height, but his presence and his strengh make him a head turner wherever he must go, what a gentleman he was too.
Wed 14/01/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Colourless"
Yeah I knew where Foreman's loyalty lay, but I didn't know you from up there.

Erm yeah of course you'll do everything to try and keep mikael, but I hope that good ole ranieri (what a guy) will persuade him to come back. Because we do need him. Crappo's injured, and jimmy,eidur and mutu are gonna need rests at some points. I can see Mikael and Carlton cole being a partnership for the future if they both stay.

Yeah I definately rate upson, hmm clapham's good but, he's quite old isn't he? well I always htought he was an oldie at ipswich, maybe i'm wrong.

Savage. Not so much technical ability, but a leader sometimes. Does tend to lose his head, and sometimes a dirty player. But I think thats what birmingham need really, a leader with a bit of muscle.
Wed 14/01/04 at 12:34
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Yes im a Brummie, Foreman is aswell but his blood is claret and blue (^%$£%) lol.

Since we got promoted to the Premiership theres been a trend forming whereas 1 'top' player has signed each season on a loan/free and 1 'top' player has signed for a fee.

We got...

Duggary on loan (who later signed pernamently) then Morrison for £4.5 million

Then we got Forsell on loan (trying to get him pernamently) and Dunn for £5.5 million.

Theres a trend forming here whereas we try to bring in players on loan with a view to a pernament deal aswell as signing 1 expensive player each season too.

Before the start of next season you may see Forsell signing pernamently (maybe for a free) aswell as another expensive signing (another striker would be nice)

I ofcourse havnt mentioned the superb players like Upson, Savage, Clapham etc as they didnt cost nearly as much (between £1 million and £3 million) and therefore are probably classed in the lower end bracket of todays transfer fee market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.