GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Seven Days..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Seven-days; one-week - that is how-long Leeds United FC have to find a buyer, or to sign-deals with investors, before they fall into the dreaded Administration; taking their £80m-in-debt status that one-step closer to extinction...

At present, it doesn't seem certain they will find a buyer in-time.
There was a lot of talk about a life-long fan and Seikh millionaire, yes; but that was all some time ago, now. What have we heard from him since then??
There are supposed to be "several other" [according to Trevor Birch] interested parties, also... But, again; `where´ and `who´ are they??

At present, it doesn't look all too hopeful one will, for certain, be found in-time....

It's still hard to believe a team on the verge of Champions' League glory only 3-or-4-years-ago could be only `months´-away from non-existence, for the second-time in the city's long history...

For the sake of Leeds United; for the good of Football's crippling future; I hope it really is only a matter of time; and that those interested are only holding-out for the club to `fall´, first, so they can pick them up "on the cheap" - which would leave them with plenty of extra-cash to spend on `securing´ their future at Elland Road...

But, if all it all takes too long....! :S

Only time will tell, I guess.

What do you think? Will anything happen in-time? Will it be enough??
Or will it all come too little, too late...?
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:02
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Are they still paying Danny Mills wages? or did Boro take that over fully?
Fri 16/01/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
It doesn't help when they are paying the wages of players they no longer own. How on earth could you make that kind of deal, I just can't see the logistics of it.

Do other clubs also sell players with this kind of agreement? The first I heard of it was several months ago when the true financial troubles at Leeds came to light.
Fri 16/01/04 at 11:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It seems, now, that Leeds may be able to have their deadline extended past Monday and on until the end of the money, so that creditors can see how much of an income is made from the sales of players like Alan Smith, Mark Viduka and Paul Robinson.

I can't believe it's really come to this, though... Selling your best - and only - chances of Premiership survival! It's like they'll be able to get naf-all for these players, either. Other clubs will just look and talk them into selling them for only a "couple of million" each, because of their "situation" - and that's what makes a REALY `January Sale´!

I mean, it's like they'd be better-off just letting the club slide into the red-zone, come Monday morning... That way, the interested parties would be able to save a good £20-to-30m on buying the club "on the cheap". That way, they'd still have a lot of money to invest in new players and such - and also, sufficient space in the transfer window to bring-in new faces; something they would have come 1st February!

The wage-cut idea is a brilliant one though. But why on Earth didn't they come up with this earlier in the season - last summer, even?!?
It could've saved so-much already...

Aside from Mark Viduka, and the odd loan-player, we all know the Leeds United teams is there to PLAY football; rather than to walk-away with an extra mini-fortune each week (a la `Chelski´).

The situation just keeps on getting worse! If these sales do go ahead, how-many multi-million-pound millionaires are gonna want to invest their own money in a team destined for the Nationwide League?!?!

However, Smith and Robinson may have no intention of leaving the sinking-ship. After all, this is `THEIR´ club...

Too little, too late?
Tue 13/01/04 at 19:29
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I hope this Arabian guy comes up with the readies soon, i'd hate to see such a high profile club like Leeds cease to exist, its never nice when any club (however small) gets its future threatened like Leeds have right now.
Tue 13/01/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm just hoping Abromavich donates some money over there. If he wants to make football better and become a hero, he should do that.

Can't see it happening though.
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Seven-days; one-week - that is how-long Leeds United FC have to find a buyer, or to sign-deals with investors, before they fall into the dreaded Administration; taking their £80m-in-debt status that one-step closer to extinction...

At present, it doesn't seem certain they will find a buyer in-time.
There was a lot of talk about a life-long fan and Seikh millionaire, yes; but that was all some time ago, now. What have we heard from him since then??
There are supposed to be "several other" [according to Trevor Birch] interested parties, also... But, again; `where´ and `who´ are they??

At present, it doesn't look all too hopeful one will, for certain, be found in-time....

It's still hard to believe a team on the verge of Champions' League glory only 3-or-4-years-ago could be only `months´-away from non-existence, for the second-time in the city's long history...

For the sake of Leeds United; for the good of Football's crippling future; I hope it really is only a matter of time; and that those interested are only holding-out for the club to `fall´, first, so they can pick them up "on the cheap" - which would leave them with plenty of extra-cash to spend on `securing´ their future at Elland Road...

But, if all it all takes too long....! :S

Only time will tell, I guess.

What do you think? Will anything happen in-time? Will it be enough??
Or will it all come too little, too late...?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.