GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Price Rollercoaster"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/08/09 at 13:45
"possibly impossible"
Well it looks like Microsoft is putting up the price of the 360 Arcade unit (possibly bundling it with a hard drive to replace the disappearing 60GB model) and then lowering the Elite price slightly.

This means there will be only 2 SKUs for the 360, making it easier for customers to choose.

In the meantime, the PS3 80GB price has dropped in some stores to £250 (Asda most recently). This is presumed to be because Sony are dropping this model in favour of a slim PS3 which may be announced today at Gamescom (5.30pm by the way).

The Wii, however, remains the same price and Nintendo don't look like dropping that price any time soon with Wii's still selling.
Wed 19/08/09 at 07:41
Regular
"THFC"
I think i might get a slimline Ps3 in the next year or so, it would be a good price and there would be loads of cheap games for me to pick up lol
Tue 18/08/09 at 16:27
Regular
I still only have the one next gen console, been thinking about the Wii for ages but as it's mainly a multiplayer console, and due to the sort of friends I have (games are for losers, especially one where you swing a bit of plastic at a screen with cartoon graphics), it's something I have put off. And the PS3, I still haven't found those killer apps that would make me get it.
Tue 18/08/09 at 15:21
"possibly impossible"
First signs of PS3 slims in the US are going out at $299 (about £200) but with tax and cost to us it will probably still be £250.

Not bad for a newly re-designed console with large hard drive.
Tue 18/08/09 at 14:33
Regular
"THFC"
You can pick up Wii's a bit cheaper and bundles which are good deals, with the ps3 down to £250 all consoles are within price ranges and means people may go back to having 2 consoles, i used to have all 3 at one point, now down to the one, but you never know, i might pick up one again!

Think i even sold my wii for more than i bought it, being the clever business man i am lol.
Tue 18/08/09 at 13:45
"possibly impossible"
Well it looks like Microsoft is putting up the price of the 360 Arcade unit (possibly bundling it with a hard drive to replace the disappearing 60GB model) and then lowering the Elite price slightly.

This means there will be only 2 SKUs for the 360, making it easier for customers to choose.

In the meantime, the PS3 80GB price has dropped in some stores to £250 (Asda most recently). This is presumed to be because Sony are dropping this model in favour of a slim PS3 which may be announced today at Gamescom (5.30pm by the way).

The Wii, however, remains the same price and Nintendo don't look like dropping that price any time soon with Wii's still selling.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.