GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lakers Parting Rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/01/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So here i am about 20 hours before i leave this tax ridden country for the whiter pastures of Canada and couldn't be happier (if absolutely shattered after signing about 110 travellors cheques). However before i leave i shall share my thoughts on the WWE and other certain things and i don't care whether you're bothered or not, if i have to suffer HHH taking up most of RAW then you shall suffer a post from me :-D

HHH (the post-bulked up hulk one anyway) sucks, plain and simple. Has to be the first point i raise of course and shall be raised again no doubt throughout the topic.

*** Reason 1 - undeserved political backstage power. Austin, Foley and Rock earned their power by actually helping the business and making it successful, HHH got his by humping the boss' daughter.

Hopefully this will be the year the WWE gets their creative team sorted out because they have been quite frankly - crap. They push rubbish like Batista, A-Train and Big Show who are only good at almost ending wrestlers career while giving real talent like Benoit and Eddie rubbish storylines and pointless feuds.

Hopefully TNA will start to become a force and challenge WWE's position. It might be the kick up the ass Vince needs to sort out his stale boring promotion.

*** Reason 2 - He's about as good at getting new and upcoming talent over as Arsene Wenger is at seeing things. Other wrestlers like Rocky layed down for guys like Hurricane while HHH just runs them over and makes them look crap. I had high hopes when Booker got his match against HHH but again he no sold his way throughout the feud, hit the talent suppressor (sorry had to steal it, it's so great) and that was the end of Booker's hope of the belt and my hope of seeing someone new hold the belt.

DW and Grandprix are 2 guys i have to give credit to for making this forum a great place to be in (and of course Lipe who gave me many great moments being able to annoy the hell out of him :-D) so keep up the good work guys and keep your eyes and hands off my wrestling figure collection DW, they're under tighter security than Alcatraz............well it's got a child proof lock on the cupboard anyway.

Guys who i feel deserve a big push over the coming year - Cena, Eddie, Hurricane, RVD, Booker, Jericho, Ultimo, Benoit. Those are the ones that come straight to mind anyway, probably missed some

*** Reason 3 - He's got so bloody boring. Yes Rock, Austin et al say the same thing but at least they add some new things in or say the same things but in different ways to different wrestlers. HHH has been spouting the same *i'm the best* crap for 3 odd years now

Wrestlers i'd like to see hired - The old guys from the cruiserweight division in WCW, the only decent thing about it in the end. Psychosis, 'The Juice' Juventud, Blitzkrieg etc etc. For nostalgia purposes, Macho Man. Again having a mental block now although i had a 2 metre long list before i started typing.

Unfortunately have been cut short by an angry relative wanting the computer. Shall finish this later. Be warned Lipe :-D
Tue 13/01/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Indeed.
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Bah.
(the only suitable response)
Sun 11/01/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yeah. :)
Sun 11/01/04 at 20:37
Regular
So smart Jae...
Sun 11/01/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Lipe wrote:
> He IS that damn boring and he did lose a match about 5 years ago.

Heh. Indeed. :D
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:16
Regular
He IS that damn good and he has lost a match recently.
Sun 11/01/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Raven-ous wrote:
> Austin is actually at the forefront of Raw, so I blame him.

Whats with bad-mouthing Austin? In my view, he's far more entertaining than Triple H. FAR MORE. :P And in the end, thats what he's there for. He can no longer wrestle matches so is there to just entertain the fans.

On the other hand, Triple H has the job of being entertaining in two ways. He must put on decent matches (Not boring ones...) and promos. This is something he's just not doing... His promos need more variation and he actually needs to lose a match every once in a while... :D He's not that damn good. He's that damn boring.
Sun 11/01/04 at 00:58
Regular
"One More Chance"
Grandprix wrote:
> I didn't get to see much ECW stuff but it sounded like good hardcore.
> Oh well.

ECW was pretty sick at times, quite often it would be too hardcore but what made it good for me was the cruiserweight division. You would be treated to the best high flying and technical wrestling ever mixed with inventive moves incorporating tables, chairs etc.

Mikey Whipwreck, Tajiri, Kid Kash, Pcycosis etc were all excellent.
Sun 11/01/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Women's division isn't consistent enough. They have had some good matches but far too many bad ones. The two women from Tough Enough 2 were really bad.

I didn't get to see much ECW stuff but it sounded like good hardcore. Oh well.

As Lipe said, have a good time in Canada and when you make it big in B-ball, don't forget me! :D
Sun 11/01/04 at 00:19
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Hardcore division - Vince bring it back but in the ECW style not this
> namby pamby WWE version you used to have. Enough said.

So true, I wish they did. It was one of the best things about WWE.

> *** Reason 6 - anyone with that shape nose has to be the most evil
> man alive. Forget moustaches, that is the sign of true evil.

LMAO! That one cracked me up! Perhaps the only bad mouthing of HHH I actually liked, good one lalakers :D

Anyways, good overall "rant" and have a good time in Canada.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.