GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare not Kings amongst men"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 21:02
Regular
Are Rare really as great as we make out? Should we really honour these english developers?

Sure they have had hits but look at all the misses...
Killer Instinct wasn't great, Blast Corps was alright but will never set the world alight (Unless you mean literally of course), Diddy Kong racing was also good but was never Mario kart and all the Rare Platformers to date have never been as good as Nintendo's own efforts.

So are Rare really that good then? Of course they are.

Where would first person shooters be without Goldeneye? Rare's platformers may not be as good as Nintendo's but is anybodys as good as Nintendo's?

Rare do make class games and these (inparticular Playstation owners) people who believe Rare are just another developer are wrong. Rare seem to be a baby Nintendo and one day maybe even as good as these Japanese giants.

So Rare are one of the greatest companys in the world and that is final.
Mon 26/03/01 at 12:24
So Rare have made a couple of games that haven't been great. So what. Most of their games are fab, and they get it right more often than they get it wrong.

Their games are innovative, and fun to play. I'm certainly looking forward to many more great Rare games in the future on the Gamecube!
Mon 26/03/01 at 10:29
Regular
Give credit to them for making COnker!
Mon 26/03/01 at 10:27
Regular
"not dead"
PseudoSavant wrote:
> I will, however, give Rare a great deal of credit for one thing
> though: They appear to be one of the only developers out there that
> has realized how clever it is to put multiplayer games into
> traditionally single-player ones.

Agreed 100%. You don't get your mates over to watch you play games, they want to join it too, and Rare have made this possible in the types of games you wouldn't have previously considered.
Sun 25/03/01 at 05:13
I will, however, give Rare a great deal of credit for one thing though: They appear to be one of the only developers out there that has realized how clever it is to put multiplayer games into traditionally single-player ones.
Sat 24/03/01 at 17:00
Edgy wrote:
> Rare are definately one of the best games companies ever, I prefer
> Nintendo and Sega but next comes Rare!

I can name loads of games
> by Rare!
Loads of Games by Nintendo
Loads of Games by Sega
Loads
> of games by independant developers
But I can't name a single game
> by Sony!

I can name a good game created by Sony - the Legend of dragoon (the game i've been playing all week) its no FFIX but it's a good attempt of an RPG
Sat 24/03/01 at 16:54
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Are Rare really as great as we make out? Should
> we really honour
> these english
> developers?

Blasphemy!

one word answer. yes

Huh it was a question not a statement
Sat 24/03/01 at 05:01
Sony made that RPG that was fairly good; I think the title was "Legend of the Dragoon"?
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:42
Regular
I can name one game by Sony. Fantavision.

Nothing special. Not much of a game. Not really worth £30.

But not bad for a first go.
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:39
Regular
Rare are definately one of the best games companies ever, I prefer Nintendo and Sega but next comes Rare!

I can name loads of games by Rare!
Loads of Games by Nintendo
Loads of Games by Sega
Loads of games by independant developers
But I can't name a single game by Sony!
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:22
Regular
They are the best and no damn point of this really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.