GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare not Kings amongst men"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 21:02
Regular
Are Rare really as great as we make out? Should we really honour these english developers?

Sure they have had hits but look at all the misses...
Killer Instinct wasn't great, Blast Corps was alright but will never set the world alight (Unless you mean literally of course), Diddy Kong racing was also good but was never Mario kart and all the Rare Platformers to date have never been as good as Nintendo's own efforts.

So are Rare really that good then? Of course they are.

Where would first person shooters be without Goldeneye? Rare's platformers may not be as good as Nintendo's but is anybodys as good as Nintendo's?

Rare do make class games and these (inparticular Playstation owners) people who believe Rare are just another developer are wrong. Rare seem to be a baby Nintendo and one day maybe even as good as these Japanese giants.

So Rare are one of the greatest companys in the world an that is final.
Fri 14/08/09 at 19:09
Regular
As Advertised in the cornish guardian: St.Ewe country fair will be taking place on Sunday 23rd August. If you want to enter your prize runner beans or carrots etc etc, please contact Mrs S Dee on 01726 844714. A great day out for all the family.
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:04
I like diidy kong better than mario kart, and banjo (even though i sold it to joel) i think is a top runner of mario's place. And the rest i completely agree with.

(GO TO MY CHAT ROOM)
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:02
Regular
Are Rare really as great as we make out? Should we really honour these english developers?

Sure they have had hits but look at all the misses...
Killer Instinct wasn't great, Blast Corps was alright but will never set the world alight (Unless you mean literally of course), Diddy Kong racing was also good but was never Mario kart and all the Rare Platformers to date have never been as good as Nintendo's own efforts.

So are Rare really that good then? Of course they are.

Where would first person shooters be without Goldeneye? Rare's platformers may not be as good as Nintendo's but is anybodys as good as Nintendo's?

Rare do make class games and these (inparticular Playstation owners) people who believe Rare are just another developer are wrong. Rare seem to be a baby Nintendo and one day maybe even as good as these Japanese giants.

So Rare are one of the greatest companys in the world an that is final.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.