GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Music in games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 19:46
Regular
I don't think this has been done before, if not, tell me.

I think that top bands should join up with game developers like Wipeout, and carmegedon 2. Beause the best non band music in a game is the shadow man theme. But it would be nice to have great bands feauturing in top games. But this doesn't seem to be happening, I think it would do good for both bussiness.

Write what you think. If you think bands should leave out games, or if you think eminems new single dhould be in FF11 say so (p.s. I DON'T LIKE EMINEM, but this is not about him.)
Thu 13/08/09 at 21:30
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
DAY TICKETS ARE ----£4.00 AND £2.OO OAP & JUNIORS
Thu 13/08/09 at 11:08
Regular
just joined the forum and i am wondering how much the dayticket is for pleasure fishing?
Sat 24/03/01 at 09:56
Regular
On this in-game music thing i have three letters :

M S R.

The game doesnt have any "proper" groups music in, it was all done in-house and its amazing.

I dont know how much you all know so heres a quick re-cap:

Three different cities, each with 3 different radio stations each playing different sorts of music.

Theres everything from a Jazz station to a Drum n Bass station to a rock etc etc the list goes on.
Sat 24/03/01 at 05:04
Though I don't feel it would in any way add to the game, it might not be so bad to hear a radio playing "Classic Rock" that lets out with a bit of current music in a game set in the future or something. It's not necessary, but it might add to the atmosphere just a bit.
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:59
Regular
I liked Jet Force Gemini's music.

No band. Just a superb "starwars style" orchestra track. Marvellous!
Fri 23/03/01 at 21:45
Regular
I don't think bands would be good in games.

Can you imagine Westlife in the next Final Fantasy game?

Or SPice Girls in the next MArio game?

It just wouldn't be right!

I think music should not be noticed in gameplay!

If you don't notice the music then games developers have succeeded in producing an excellent game!
Fri 23/03/01 at 20:57
Depends on the game. If it's set in a fantasy environment, hearing Collective Soul (though I appreciate them) wouldn't help with my degree of immersion.
Fri 23/03/01 at 20:04
But just a plain and slimple question, would you like your fav bands/ singers in the next game you get? forgetting the money and the rest of it.
Fri 23/03/01 at 20:01
Shenmue didn't cost as much as a big film. I know it cost more than the typical game, but that doesn't disprove my argument. If the game had sucked, no one would be mentioning it right now. Hence my logic of saying that I'd rather the money be spent on gameplay rather than licensing some hit song to appear in it.
Fri 23/03/01 at 19:54
PseudoSavant wrote:
> I think the inherent problem with this is that getting permission to
> put a band's songs in your game is expensive. It's not like
> filmmaking, where the movie has a $50 million dollar budget.
> Videogames tend to be made anywhere from 1-6 million, so they don't
> have as much money to put into such things as getting a hit song on
> the thing's soundtrack. I'd rather they put that money into making
> the game play better, but that's me.
One word sheumue. But yes putting money into music should be used after the game is made, and that bands and games could come to a small payment, beause it is advertisement and improving the game all at once, so just £10,000 would be enough or maybe less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.