GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Claudio Ranieri"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you could have your pick any-one of the "soon-to-be-available" managerial jobs in Premiership football, this season, which would it be?

There's Gerard Houllier at under-performing-but-still-`big´ Liverpool; Eddie Gray at struggling, debt-ridden Leeds United; David Pleat in his "caretaker" role with Tottenham Hotspur... And, now, of course, there is still a great deal of speculation with regards to how Roman Abramovich's sees Claudio Ranieri as his `No.1´, with Chelsea dissapointing in almost every-game, right now.

With all the money involved, an unbeatable squad of superior talent from all-over the world and so-much "potential" for where they could finish the season; you'd have to think, at first, Stamford Bridge would be the ideal place to go...
But, if I were you, I'd think again about giving Mr.Abramovich "the finger" and, instead, opting for one of the other choices available. Yes, I believe I'd be much happier at Elland Road, White Hart Lane or even the Molineux stadium - no matter how-bad things were to get between now and May!

I bet you think I'm crazy, right? Turning-down the chance to earn an absolute fortune with every-last potential "resource" available to me (within time) for me to succeed in my ambitions - and succeed-only - with the fortune of a Russian billionaire oil-tycoon at my disposal.... Then, how come Ranieri appears to be making such a mess of things?

I mean, at his disposal, he has, literally, "all-the-money-in-the-world" to buy whoever he likes; whenever ever he likes; no matter how high his transfer-fee or wage-demands - money is no "object" to ``Chelski´´. He could by the dream-team he's always wanted... And, if you look at his current squad, it is very hard to understand why a team with players like Hernan Crespo, Damien Duff, Joe Cole, Claude Makelele, Adrian Mutu, Wayne Bridge (need I go-on?!).... How can at team with such world-class players drop points against under-performing sides like Liverpool and Bolton, while getting hammered 4-1 by Charlton Athletic?!?

It just doesn't seem to make sense, does it...

Then again, I don't seem to understand how Mr.Abramovich's mind must work - or, many minds in football today, for that matter. You see, with Chelsea (today), it's almost as if everyone invloved with the club is "expecting" instant-success in every-single area. And yes, I know, you can hardly blame them, given their financial situation, can you! But, the truth remains; it just isn't happening - and these "businessmen" clearly have no love or understanding for the beautiful game.

If they knew anything about Football, then, surely they'd know that ANY team takes a good deal of time to "gel" and form a good understand between the XI-men...? But, apparently not. Abramovich is happy-enough to lend Ranieri the £20m he needs - each-time - in order to, seemingly, "buy success"... But, again; does he not realise you CAN-NOT buy your way through Football?? Certainly, there is a great - if not rediculous - amount of money envolved in the sport today; but that doesn't mean to say it runs just like a "business". In the business-world, you CAN spend a great-deal of money on one `wise-investment´ to make a pleasing profit and improve your future - within only days, in some cases, too. However, these laws of the business-world DO NOT apply to the game of Football!

That is what Roman Abramovich (and the others) will have to learn if they really want to see Chelsea FC up there with Manchester United and Arsenal, as one of England's - let alone Europe's - elite. Aside from the odd £19m-to-£29m-deal, here-and-there, neither of these two sides has hardly spent as "wildly" as The Blues. £110m is probably more than what both Arséne Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson have spent together, during the past decade - and yet, ``Chelski´´ have already matched that amount AND broken it, within months of the Russian takeover!!

You don't have to spend-big to win-big. Money doesn't make the football-world go-around - and this is a lesson Roman Abramovich IS being taught, gradually; but will he accept it as the truth or continue his spending-sprees, just because of his home-grown reputation?

Whatever happens, this is making Claudio Ranieri's job Hell - and, I'm sure it's affecting what goes-on in his normal life, also. With so-much money and little knowledge of the game itslef, the "near-impossible" is expected of Mr.Ranieri and his endless list of men. When they win a game; sure, the fans'll be all-over-him with praise... But, when we see a repeat of what happened at The Valley or Anfield, the average ``Chelski´´ is calling for his head! And this is why I would not want the job. This is why I'd rather go do little but `watch´ as Leeds slide closer to their `inevitable´ Fate.

If I was Claudio Ranieri, however, I would strongly think about doing the honourable thing, here, and walk. With the way things look shaped to go, and the inevitability of a backlash from the fans for just one-more drop of points in a big-game, it is only, really, a matter-of-time before everyone's favourite interviewee is given-the-boot for problems he - nor anyone else - could've really helped to solve.

Too much money... Too many high-earning, "prima-dona" players to choose from... A great amount of instant expectation.... Too much pressure for one man who's done nothing to deserve it!

Chelsea were always on their way-up before, anyway. Sure, it had taken a bit of time; but with Frank Lampard and co. coming-of-age, all Ranieri's hard and much-critisized work was beginning to pay-off... - all before `HE´ arrived, of course!

Your thinking-again about that initial descision, now, aren't you...!
Or do you really think you could do any better?!
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Colourless"
§pånkër wrote:
> well maybe not everything, but they'll win at least 2 things

you a chelsea fan?
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:12
Regular
"None Stored"
well maybe not everything, but they'll win at least 2 things
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:06
Regular
"Colourless"
I mean of course they are.
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Colourless"
they are....?
Fri 16/01/04 at 17:05
Regular
"None Stored"
chelsea r gonna win everything next season
Mon 12/01/04 at 12:47
Regular
"Colourless"
Solskjær wrote:
> I hate Chelski... I enjoy watching them suffer....

For what reason.....?

Other than jealousy of course.
Mon 12/01/04 at 11:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
God!! You know what I mean! :P

I hate Chelski... I enjoy watching them suffer....

I was "enjoying" little Charlton hammering them 4-2, back on Boxing Day - as any else, other than a Chelsea fan, should've been!

"It's easy to forget such `minor details´ when you're enjoying good football!" :D
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I hope you "enjoy yourself" in your own time...

;)
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, it is easy to forget the "little things" when you're enjoying yourself! ;D
Fri 09/01/04 at 13:58
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Solskjær wrote:

...while getting hammered 4-1 by Charlton Athletic?!?...
-------------

It was 4-2 you monkey!

=D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.