GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the moment your musical eyes were opened"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 23:57
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i want to know about the moment you suddenly realised what real music is.
mine would be picking up a copy of mojo, it had on the cover, the title "100 greatest singers of all time" i picked it up because i like those sort of rundowns,and i opened it expecting to see the likes of mariah carey or bryan adams.you know the sort of people you like when you are young and dont know any better.i was shocked not only to see they werent in there but by the fact i only had heard of about 10 of the 100.it opened my eyes to this whole other side of the music scene.its still the only music magazine i have ever bought and despite being 6 years old ive still got it.
from what ive seen i recommend you watch THE VOICE on sunday night channel 4
Sat 10/01/04 at 18:09
"Darkness, always"
A-Ha - Take on Me.

first song I ever listened to in the back of a car, and let my imagination just run away with the soothing sound of music.

That's when I learned that music is about letting go and feeling good about yourself.
Sat 10/01/04 at 18:06
"period drama"
Not until very recently, as it goes.
The first proper album I bought was By The Way - so really, not very long ago.
My record collection is 5 albums.
*Waves flag*
Sat 10/01/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
When I realised what real music was? When I discovered that rock and metal are far superior to pop, rap and $hit-hop.
Fri 09/01/04 at 17:00
Regular
"cachoo"
When I first 'really' started liking music, was when I first discovered Travis playing at a funeral. Sad, but true. :s
Fri 09/01/04 at 12:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
bought "Use your illusion 2" by guns n roses, on tape when i was 12.

the rest.. is history :)
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Buying the Beastie Boys, "License to ill" record.
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hmm first time I heard real music, I believe it was when I was in year 9 and my long haired friend told me to download Napster, then recommended I download Hallowed Be Thy Name. And I did.
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm. Probably hearing Queen and my dads Waterboys music and liking it.

Then buying some CDs.

Then in about 2000, borrowing Machina off a friend.

That did it, passion of my life ever since.
Fri 09/01/04 at 01:10
"slightlyshortertagl"
I can't remember ever buying my first CD.

I do remember when I first started listening to music a lot, and that was on the radio. A friend of mine had reccomended me to Capital FM when we must've been 7 or 8. I've been hooked ever since... even though they play the more pop-y side of music. Niddle likes it.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:45
Regular
Just to be friendly I went to watch my friend's band play in school. They played Paranoid Android and I've been obsessed with music ever since.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.