GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Huge emotional episdoe this evening.

My brother has declared himself gay at the age of 14. Although I really don't think he is. Any thoughts? Well, like about adolescense/confusion/or that he might really just be gay?

Hmmm.......
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Huge emotional episdoe this evening.

My brother has declared himself gay at the age of 14. Although I really don't think he is. Any thoughts? Well, like about adolescense/confusion/or that he might really just be gay?

Hmmm.......
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
How did he slip that into the conversation? Or did he gather you all round to tell you?

How did you and the rest of your family take it?

Have you ever had any idea that he may be?

Well, what he has said must have been pretty damn hard to say, so he may need some support right about now.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, this is the silly thing.

I honestly don't believe he is (and I also honestly don't care if he really is). I'm the only one who knows he is, he didn't decide to 'tell' the family as such. He had been saying he was jokingly for hours beforehand and kept on trying to show me a message on his phone from some boy. I then got the message and it's to another guy, saying I lvoe you etc.

I'm not sure. My brother could well be gay, but then again he could just as easily be incredibly confused. This is kinda impossible to describe, seeing as none of you (well nobody on Earth except my mum) knows him as well as I do. I was just seeing what people thought. I've heard of adolescent boys being confused about their sexuality at some point, although I must admit I have never been (wow, I'm so manly) and he is only 14......
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Actually, rather than it being a serious episode, a moment where his life is about to turn, he is mucking about, and after one emotional outburst, he doesn't seem to give a toss.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You say he’s only 14, but a lot of 14 year-olds are “mature” these days.

Has he ever made up stuff to try to get attention before? Has he always maintained a fairly believable persona?

I don’t know about this “confusion” stuff, when I was 14 I wasn’t interested in experimenting. I was of the schooling of, “oh your like so gay man”, was an insult, (not all 14 year-olds are mature).

As you have said, none of us know your brother and so can’t really make any useful comments, other then to say, “talk to him”. You know that none can say anything useful, you said so yourself. So I’m guessing you’re just looking for a place to vent, so vent away my man.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Hmm, ok, discount that then.
Thu 08/01/04 at 22:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> You say he’s only 14, but a lot of 14 year-olds are “mature” these
> days.

Haha, I contest that. I don't know a single 'mature' 14yr old. They pretend, but they really aren't :D

>
> Has he ever made up stuff to try to get attention before? Has he
> always maintained a fairly believable persona?

Believable yes, but certainly attention seeking, although not to such an extent to risk teenage social suicide (well, at least at his age) by admitting homosexuality.

>
> I don’t know about this “confusion” stuff, when I was 14 I wasn’t
> interested in experimenting. I was of the schooling of, “oh your like
> so gay man”, was an insult, (not all 14 year-olds are mature).

It is an insult, for better or worse :)

>
> As you have said, none of us know your brother and so can’t really
> make any useful comments, other then to say, “talk to him”. You know
> that none can say anything useful, you said so yourself. So I’m
> guessing you’re just looking for a place to vent, so vent away my
> man.

Hmm. He's annoying me more than anything. He's jsut whining about who everyone will hate him while talking about the most random stuff at the same time. I don't think his 'admission' means anything to him. So there we go :)
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:14
Regular
"That's right!"
He's 14! He's probably only halfway through puberty. For him to think that he fancies blokes at this age is just him being naieve. He'll probably realise that women are beautiful and then spend his entire life remembering this as being a really embarassing "thing" he wish he'd never done - telling people he's gay.

Either that, or he'll break out the tank tops and live a normal life as homosexual.
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh god. 'Normal' gay I can cope with.

Overtly camp gay.........well.

:D

My thoughts exactly.
Fri 09/01/04 at 00:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Erm he seems young but good for him

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.