GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] TMNT: Turtles in Time Resehlled"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'.
Wed 12/08/09 at 20:09
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] TMNT: Turtles in Time Resehlled – Xbox Live

Xbox are currently running their summer of arcade campaign. Each Wednesday they are releasing an arcade game from the past. Last week Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which was previously on the SNES was put on Xbox Live for our enjoyment.

For those of you who did not get to play this in your younger years, the plot is pretty simple, Shredder is up to no good in New York City, some weird big monster steal the Statue of Liberty, so the Turtles head off to save the day and restore peace. After a few levels you come in contact with Shredder, who has had enough of the Turtles meddling and sends them into a time warp, where they must battle through various stages and take down Shredder in the future and save the World. That is as simple as the plot it, if anything I have made it more complicated than it actually is.

The game is a side scrolling beat em up, in which up to 4 players can play in. You can assume the role as any one of the turtles and basically have to take on Shredder’s minions then proceed to the boss of that level. It is a simple game where X is attack, Y is special attack and A is jump. It really only comes down to a bit of tactical movement and button bashing to get through the game, it still retains the fun it did all them years ago and the graphics have been revamped and in my opinion they look fantastic. There are a total of 9 levels to go through and if you have another 3 players along with you then on normal or below difficulty you should find it fairly easy to complete the game. I managed to do it on my first play through with my brother and no other help.

If you want to go alone you can take the challenge of story or survival mode (survival is much harder! As you only have one life not 6) I believe it is much more fun to get 3 friends over or jump on Xbox live and go at it with all 4 of the Turtles together. It makes things more competitive as you battle for scores and more enjoyable to have a variation in combat and players.

So there is not too much to this game but its simplicity is also a nice charm about the game. It is easy to pick up and play and provides you with great fun. The nostalgia is great and while the music is revamped and the graphics are newer (but better I feel) you will still think you are playing the same game you did when you were younger.

Only 800 MS for this game and while it is short there is great replay value in completing it with each Turtle to get an achievement, survival mode and just the fun of playing online or with your mates when they come over. There is a demo to try but I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase this if you liked the original or this style of game play (For 400MS you can get the NES game which was the same game play style, possibly harder and the original. It is not revamped but is a great game if you like the style!)

Thanks for reading and hope this has helped! Cowabunga Dude!!

8/10 (it should last you a few weeks of entertainment)
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 12/08/09 at 20:09
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] TMNT: Turtles in Time Resehlled – Xbox Live

Xbox are currently running their summer of arcade campaign. Each Wednesday they are releasing an arcade game from the past. Last week Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which was previously on the SNES was put on Xbox Live for our enjoyment.

For those of you who did not get to play this in your younger years, the plot is pretty simple, Shredder is up to no good in New York City, some weird big monster steal the Statue of Liberty, so the Turtles head off to save the day and restore peace. After a few levels you come in contact with Shredder, who has had enough of the Turtles meddling and sends them into a time warp, where they must battle through various stages and take down Shredder in the future and save the World. That is as simple as the plot it, if anything I have made it more complicated than it actually is.

The game is a side scrolling beat em up, in which up to 4 players can play in. You can assume the role as any one of the turtles and basically have to take on Shredder’s minions then proceed to the boss of that level. It is a simple game where X is attack, Y is special attack and A is jump. It really only comes down to a bit of tactical movement and button bashing to get through the game, it still retains the fun it did all them years ago and the graphics have been revamped and in my opinion they look fantastic. There are a total of 9 levels to go through and if you have another 3 players along with you then on normal or below difficulty you should find it fairly easy to complete the game. I managed to do it on my first play through with my brother and no other help.

If you want to go alone you can take the challenge of story or survival mode (survival is much harder! As you only have one life not 6) I believe it is much more fun to get 3 friends over or jump on Xbox live and go at it with all 4 of the Turtles together. It makes things more competitive as you battle for scores and more enjoyable to have a variation in combat and players.

So there is not too much to this game but its simplicity is also a nice charm about the game. It is easy to pick up and play and provides you with great fun. The nostalgia is great and while the music is revamped and the graphics are newer (but better I feel) you will still think you are playing the same game you did when you were younger.

Only 800 MS for this game and while it is short there is great replay value in completing it with each Turtle to get an achievement, survival mode and just the fun of playing online or with your mates when they come over. There is a demo to try but I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase this if you liked the original or this style of game play (For 400MS you can get the NES game which was the same game play style, possibly harder and the original. It is not revamped but is a great game if you like the style!)

Thanks for reading and hope this has helped! Cowabunga Dude!!

8/10 (it should last you a few weeks of entertainment)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.