GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Notable Hunter classic: Regular uprising"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/04 at 00:47
Regular
(This story was originally wrote over a year ago, and here it is again, in all it's glory with new changes... some characters no longer exist)

Dringo and Edgy are notable hunters, ever since the system began Dringo and Edgy have campaigned for the end to the notable regime “It will bring division in the ranks of SR” claimed Dringo. Dringo and Edgy failed in their campaign and ever since they have planned to destroy the notables.

We all saw them as crazy, division in the ranks indeed but what might scare some of you is that 4 years later it turned out that Dringo was correct all along.

A Notable Hunter Story: Regulars Uprising

Special Reserve city stood before the hunters, beautifully and menacing... Dringo and long suffering pal Edgy entered the city.
“That’s all of them then,” said Edgy
“It is, better go back to the beginning of the list,” said Dringo flipping over his "To-Kill" notebook.
“So who was first?” Asked Edgy
“Sniper but we killed him, better go back to er-no... Edgy get out of the road” Said a strangely relaxed Dringo, studying his notebook.
“er-no... really? ouch he is a tough one!” Edgy exclaimed.
“indeed... now Edgy get out of the road,” asked Dringo again, still looking at his note book.
“Oh” Edgy said leaping out of the way of a huge lorry, “hey isn’t that the Notables’ weapon supplier?” asked Edgy.

Dringo finally looked up to see a huge lorry, and sure enough the name of the Notables weapon supplier was on the side ‘UMBRELLA’. “That’s a big shipment,” thought the dup. Edgy and Dringo walked for a further 3 miles before reaching Semajal’s shop. Dringo finally closed his notebook as he walked in and Dringo looked round the shop, it was nearly empty.

“Back in town I see” Said Semajal delighted to see his two friends who have saved him on more than one occasion.
“Business good I see” Said Dringo looking at an empty shelf where a collection of machine guns were once kept.
“Yeah, something must be going on that I have not be told about, nearly every regular have come in a bought a weapon from me!” Semajal said pleased with himself.
“Really” said Dringo, thinking aloud, “Come on Edgy”

Dringo and Edgy had now reached the residence of Mr. Nice Guy one of the forums most respected regulars.
“Dringo, Edgy glad you could come we have been looking for sergeants for our invasion” Mr. Nice Guy exclaimed. Dringo and Edgy walked into the living room, Turbonutter, Mystique, Game, Bonus, Cooky, Reaper, Resi Evil Fan, Pro Evo, Armitage Shanks and SSX pro were all sitting on the floor overlooking a map.
“Please tell me you are not attacking the Notables!” Asked Dringo to the gang.
“Damn right we are Dringo, I thought you would be pleased,” said mystique smiling.
“No this is what we are here to prevent, there must be no division you must all live as one do not attack the Notables!” Edgy insisted!
“NO, you do it you attack the notables so why can’t we? If you aren’t going to join us then you are against us so get out!” Yelled a very angry Cooky.
“Don’t worry we are leaving” said Edgy as Dringo looked on blankly.

Dringo looked at Mr. Nice Guy a while longer before following Edgy. They didn’t get far down the road when $h@ne0 appeared followed by Apollo with Ferrero Rocher just behind.
“Erm hi guys what do you want,” asked Dringo
“Get him boys,” ordered $h@ne0, and with that Dringo and Edgy were attacked, Dringo smashed Apollo across the head as Edgy swung for Ferrero Rocher but then another 20 Newbies appeared and knocked Dringo and Edgy to the floor and carried them off.

Several hours had passed when Edgy finally managed to wake Dringo, stirring with an injured head Dringo noticed he was trapped with the confines of a dirty cell. “What are the Newbies up to now?” asked Dringo…

Tony burst into Semajal’s shop and Semajal turned around to see a panic stricken SR owner. Semajal looked awe inspired the king himself, Semajal was about to bow when Tony catching his breath said:
“No no don’t bow not enough time!”
“Why what’s the problem” inquired Semajal.
“SR is about to fall apart, Notables are going to war with the regulars and vice versa, the Newbies are also massing and they’ve captured Dringo and Edgy” Tony blurted out.
“What?? They captured Dringo and Edgy?” Semajal said a little shocked.
“Yes and they are my only hope to restore order to SR, you must save them” asked Tony on the verge of tears.
“Don’t worry Sir” began Semajal flipping to pistols into his pocket, strapping ammo to his shoulder and holding a machine gun, “I’ll get them back” as he left the shop…
“Try to reduce casualties,” yelled Tony as Semajal disappeared out of site.
Semajal entered Newbie territory relatively easily with no resistance, it was a ghost town, they must have been readying their plans.

Meanwhile at SR towers:

“Are the Regulars still stationed 4 miles away?” asked er-no
“Yes sir, they have set up camp and beginning to strategize” said Pb.
“Good, ready the artillery weapons, I don’t want to be caught off guard!” Yelled Goatboy
“We might be finally rid of those pesky regulars” said Wookiee, “Are the Hunters amongst them?”
“No” said Grix “I can’t see them…”
“Is Ant readying his Ants?” Asked Meka.
“He is, hang on whose that?” asked FM who pointed out towards a far of street where a mass of brown was moving their way.
“Newbies” said Rastabillyskank “their heading this way”.

“Where are Dringo and Edgy?” demanded Semajal pointing his gun at a terrified JAT.
“er er this erm way sir” and Semajal followed down the wooden steps of this old rotten side of town, where the Newbies are kept “no wonder they are p1$$ed off” thought Semajal. Dringo and Edgy were laying down in their cell, “here they are s s sir” stammered the JAT.
“Thank you” said Semajal before knocking him out with the butt of his gun.
“You are a great guy Semajal,” said Edgy as Semajal chucked a gun to Dringo and Edgy his axe.
When the three reached the surface a huge explosion was heard, “it has begun,” said Dringo “quick” and Edgy, Dringo and Semajal ran as fast as they could.

Mystique ducked and swayed before stabbing another version of Shaneo in the gut, Rasta fired his machine gun at a frightened Resi, who quickly ducked rolled and fired shooting RBS in the hand who then dropped his gun. Grix threw a grenade which landed just in front of Time Warp “oh no” said Time Warp before being blown to bits. At this point Dringo, Edgy and Semajal appeared at the edge of the street war that was occurring just in front of SR towers, Dringo saw a disappointed Ali and Tony, watching their hard fought civilization destroy itself. Pro Evo leaped and fired at Tony, Ali the honorable guy pushed Tony out of the way and covered him but luckily none was shot.
“SORRY” yelled Pro Evo “Gun misfired!”

“This is awful” Said Semajal “STOPPPPP!!!!!” he yelled running into the battlefield.
“No Semajal stop” said Dringo, Edgy tried to grab him but it was too late, Semajal stood their arms at his side asking trying to stop everyone. Pb was the first to shoot, then Shadow, and stryke and finally Ferrero Rocher. Semajal didn’t stand a chance, bullets ripped into his sides and his legs and finally a shot to the head brought him to the floor.

“NOOOOOOOOO” yelled Dringo who ran towards Semajal; it was too late he was dead. Dringo grabbed FM and held a gun to his head, he pointed another at Turbonutter, Edgy kicked $h@ne0 to the floor and held an axe above his head.
“Drop your weapons or we kill them” Said Edgy…
“He said Drop them, were you never taught not to disobey a psychopath!” Yelled Dringo!
Sure enough slowly but surly, all Notables, all regulars and all Newbies dropped their weapons.
“What are you doing?” asked a sad Dringo.
“Mystique, Turbonutter, RBS, Goatboy, Shaneo, Apollo, why are you killing your friends? Just because they have a different coloured name than you it doesn’t make them better, it doesn’t make them superior, they are no less your friends!” Said a disappointed Dringo quietly.
“We knew this would happen, I knew you wouldn’t see your friends in the gold or the purple I knew all you would see was newbie, notable and regular, you miss the name Goatboy, you missed the name Bonus you just see the colour” Continued Edgy…
“And look what you’ve done” said Dringo looking down at Semajal, wiping away a tear “you’ve killed your friend, he knew all of you, newbie, notable or regular he was always happy to see you, he was your friend, but he was killed because he was a regular?” finished Dringo.

Dringo bent down and picked up the broken body of his close friend and carried him away from the battlefield, he turned around, tears swelling up in his eyes “I don’t know about you, but I’m going home…” and with that Dringo walked off, Semajal over his shoulder, Edgy by his side. And as he disappeared from site, Grix walked away, followed by FM and slowly everyone went home, the only ones who were left was Ali and Tony standing on the destroyed ground in front of SR towers, and Tony said:
“You know what… maybe those hunters aren’t so bad after all.”

The end
Fri 09/01/04 at 12:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmm....

*tries to remember*

Nah.
Thu 08/01/04 at 23:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ah nostalgic cheese
Thu 08/01/04 at 20:38
"possibly impossible"
Brings back fond memories of a bygone day.

Or something.
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:48
Regular
GENIUS!
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Ctrl+f

Wow, i hadnt thought of that before, you have just changed my life.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:19
Regular
Ah it's a classic.

Old members relived.
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Edgy wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> (This story was originally wrote over a year ago, and here it is
> again, in all it's glory with new changes... some characters no
> longer exist)
>
>
> :D

Meh. I only scanned to find my name. It wasn't really around back then, hence me not being in the story. So no reading of this piece of work for moi.

:-)
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:23
"Mimmargh!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Ctrl+f
> Sonic
> Enter
>
>
> Nope... not in there...

People should appreciate you more Sonicrav, I mean all the good work you do on these forums seems to go unnoticed. I blame Djurred_Quince or princedd gerroid or whatever he/she/it is called now.
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:19
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> (This story was originally wrote over a year ago, and here it is
> again, in all it's glory with new changes... some characters no
> longer exist)

:D
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Did you post this about two years ago, by any chance? :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.