GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MOH Why dont they do....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/01/04 at 18:30
Regular
": ("
.....a WW1 version?
I have been studying WW1 and i've always wondered why they never do a WW1 game, i personally think WW1 is much more interesting than WW2, much more people died in WW1 and although they didn't have better guns than WW2 they did have much more action. Does anybody think they should do a WW1 version and do you think they'll do a "War on Iraq" Version?
Wed 07/01/04 at 18:41
"Metal Head"
They should do a world war 1. They won't do a War in Iraq one thought cause if you look at it HOH is mainly all Wrold War 2 type. I think Delta Force should do the war in Iraq. (Black hawk down was awsome)
Wed 07/01/04 at 18:32
Regular
"That's right!"
Hitler got gassed twice in WW1 and still managed to go on to massacre millions. Maybe his dodgy 'tasch protected him...
Tue 06/01/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They hid in holes and got blown up or gassed every so often
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
A bit of a correction to what I said - I didn't mean all games, I meant WW1 not being good for FPS games
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
To be honest, I think WW1 - although interesting - would not be the best subject to base a game on. At the end of the day it was about pompous and ignorant upper class gents sending thousands of men into what can only be described as a meat grinder. British sent men 'over the top' - they all get slaughtered, Germans do the same and their men get slaughtered. Not much progress. WW2 is much better a subject matter for a game.

Having said all that there is the '1918' mod for Battlefield 1942. I haven't played it so I can't say what its like/
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:49
Regular
"um..."
There was an awesome WW1 Flying game on the amiga called wings it was awesome then and still is now

I THINK dont hold me to it though, but I THINK that Australia lost the most men in the war, For a country of its size it lost more than china
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:41
Regular
"Hallelujah"
America will make anything. I honestly believe if The world trade had been in any other country, we'd all be watching the movie trailor for "Nine Eleven: Dawn of war"
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Wi-Fi wrote:
> They'll do a war in iraq version in a few years time, probably.

Conflict: Desert Storm.
Tue 06/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think in terms of overall cost, more soldiers did die. I know less British soldiers died, but in relation, more US and Commonwealth soldiers died.

And Russia lost 20,000,000 people, Germany nearly 8,000,000, not to mention the Holocaust. Japan and China would of also suffered huge losses.
Tue 06/01/04 at 20:25
Regular
"That's right!"
the kieblet wrote:
> Fat Magician wrote:
> much more people died in WW1
>
> are you sure about that?

-------

More soldiers died in WW1, yes. I think, overall, more people died in WW2, because of the death camps, and what happened in Russia (something like 6 million civilians were killed)

A WW1 game wouldn't work. They had to take big liberties with games like MOH to make them FPS friendly, with WW1 it was nearly ALL trench warfare. You'd sit around, not doing anything for hours, then be sent over the top and get shot. That'd be the end of the game. Wow, exciting!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.