GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Magic Goldfish (For Cyclone)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/01/04 at 17:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
I dug out a 'happy' story in folder full of grumpy and suicide oriented tales, just for you Cyclone. It's the chirpiest thing I've ever written so like it, you valium addicted jackrabbit.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In a spherical aqua filled arena swam a goldfish by the name of Keith. To look at Keith was an ordinary goldfish with yellowish scales, a rounded tail and bulging eyes – but Keith was more than your average goldfish.

Now whilst you may be thinking, “What can set a goldfish apart from others, they’re all the same aren’t they?” In answer to the assumed question, yes, they are all the same, except Keith. Keith was a magical goldfish with the power to pull damp rabbits from hat and saw lovely assistants in half. It was rumoured that David Blaine’s 40 days in the glass box above the Thames was a homage to Keith, his idol and sole inspiration for getting into magic.

It may be all well and good for a goldfish to know magic but the downfall of Keith was his abysmally short 6-second memory. This was, if you will, his Achilles heel. Often in the middle of a trick Keith would forget how to finish it and end up picking the wrong card or not being able to pull colourful handkerchiefs from his sleeve.

Keith lived a humble life with a medium sized bowl. He ate regular fish-flakes and had a 3inch by 5inch castle to dwell within. However he was growing old and had never managed to settle down with another fish. He once got friendly with a clown fish called Deborah at the Aquarium, but a family of four later bought her and he never saw her again.

As Keith grew older he lost his tail due to fin-rot and it was at this point he gave up hope. He no longer practised his magic tricks, the thrill of a big crowd chanting “Keith, Keith, Keith” no longer excited him and he cancelled his world tour at the last minute, devastating millions of fans.

Keith didn’t eat his flakes and no longer swam playfully through his miniature castle. The depression of a loveless life overcame him and one day he was found floating at the top of his spherical tank. The magic circle attended his funeral, conducted by Paul Daniels, and so ended the legacy of Keith, the magical goldfish.
Thu 08/01/04 at 11:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
What a great name :-)
Wed 07/01/04 at 21:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Paradox: wrote:
> I therefore dedicate this story to Sonicrav's goldfish, god bless his
> scaly little soul.

His name was Saddam - a nice friendly fat black moor :'(
Wed 07/01/04 at 09:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
I therefore dedicate this story to Sonicrav's goldfish, god bless his scaly little soul.
Wed 07/01/04 at 00:29
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
My goldfish died today... my friend (who's keeping them for me), told me a few minutes ago

:'(
Tue 06/01/04 at 21:39
Regular
Good man Kyle, Good man.
Tue 06/01/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I've read this before, in elder days when you're name was another name. At that time I believe I wrote: "I wonder if Debbie Daniels flushed Keith down the toilet?"
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
But....

If the end had Keith conducting Paul Daniels funeral it would have been, oh, so much better :)
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
But.. Paul Daniels!
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You lied - that's one of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever read *sobs*
Tue 06/01/04 at 17:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
I dug out a 'happy' story in folder full of grumpy and suicide oriented tales, just for you Cyclone. It's the chirpiest thing I've ever written so like it, you valium addicted jackrabbit.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In a spherical aqua filled arena swam a goldfish by the name of Keith. To look at Keith was an ordinary goldfish with yellowish scales, a rounded tail and bulging eyes – but Keith was more than your average goldfish.

Now whilst you may be thinking, “What can set a goldfish apart from others, they’re all the same aren’t they?” In answer to the assumed question, yes, they are all the same, except Keith. Keith was a magical goldfish with the power to pull damp rabbits from hat and saw lovely assistants in half. It was rumoured that David Blaine’s 40 days in the glass box above the Thames was a homage to Keith, his idol and sole inspiration for getting into magic.

It may be all well and good for a goldfish to know magic but the downfall of Keith was his abysmally short 6-second memory. This was, if you will, his Achilles heel. Often in the middle of a trick Keith would forget how to finish it and end up picking the wrong card or not being able to pull colourful handkerchiefs from his sleeve.

Keith lived a humble life with a medium sized bowl. He ate regular fish-flakes and had a 3inch by 5inch castle to dwell within. However he was growing old and had never managed to settle down with another fish. He once got friendly with a clown fish called Deborah at the Aquarium, but a family of four later bought her and he never saw her again.

As Keith grew older he lost his tail due to fin-rot and it was at this point he gave up hope. He no longer practised his magic tricks, the thrill of a big crowd chanting “Keith, Keith, Keith” no longer excited him and he cancelled his world tour at the last minute, devastating millions of fans.

Keith didn’t eat his flakes and no longer swam playfully through his miniature castle. The depression of a loveless life overcame him and one day he was found floating at the top of his spherical tank. The magic circle attended his funeral, conducted by Paul Daniels, and so ended the legacy of Keith, the magical goldfish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.