GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I send an e-mail from my website?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/08/09 at 15:35
Regular
I would like to be able to send a response to e-mails from my website so it comes from "my website" and not from my personal e-mail. Any ideas?
Mon 10/08/09 at 09:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I thought he was referring to using a Web to Mail :S (Sending "from" his website etc) But meh, my mind just doesn't work "technical" all the time.

Moving the post shouldn't be that consfusing, epecially when they are sent an email stating I have done it :D
Sun 09/08/09 at 17:04
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Also note I have moved this to the technical section of the
> forums.

Hope you didn't confuse the OP by moving the post!
They might never find it again, especially as it was his/her first post...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 08/08/09 at 19:28
"Are you sure?"
Ridley wrote:
> I would like to be able to send a response to e-mails from my
> website so it comes from "my website" and not from my
> personal e-mail. Any ideas?

Hi Ridley, welcome to the forums.

You might need to supply a bit more info if the replies you get don't answer your query :¬)

To me it sounds as if your are perhaps forwarding emails from your Freeola hosted domain to another email account; so when you reply people see your 'personal' email address rather than an email related to the website domain name?

If this is the case then you need to setup your email application adding an extra account for your Freeola domain. You will then be able to receive and write emails using email accounts based on your website domain name.

NB. To be able to 'write' emails using your Freeola address you need to be either connected to the internet using Freeola broadband or dial-up, OR you need to sign up to Freeola 'email freedom', OR your ISP has to allow you to use their outgoing email servers with a domain name from a third-party!

If I've totally misunderstood you query ignore all the above! ;¬)
If you need more info please post back...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 08/08/09 at 15:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some questions like this already been asked, and answered. I'll post back with a couple in a moment if I can find them.

Also note I have moved this to the technical section of the forums.

Any good?
Sat 08/08/09 at 15:35
Regular
I would like to be able to send a response to e-mails from my website so it comes from "my website" and not from my personal e-mail. Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.