GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Bliar 'War in Iraq was a test'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 09:31
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Last night upon returning from the Gulf Tony Bliar claimed that the recent war in Iraq was (for the British) 'a test' to prepare for us for any future conflicts and ready us further for the global war on terrorism.

That has to be the most shocking statement i have EVER read... he openly admits that war in Iraq was just a test for us...

Is he aware that this was more than a playground exercise and that thousands of people of many nationalties died?

This latest media goof by our Premier must be the final nail in his coffin surely.
Tue 06/01/04 at 07:19
Regular
I think we worry far too much about what our stupid country does.

Lets face it - we have absolutely no control over what they do. When they were going to war, people marched all over the world to protest. Did it make ANY difference? No.

If nuclear war looms in the future, we won't have a say.

6 billion people will die simply because a couple of ageing men cannot agree.

How sad it all is.
Tue 06/01/04 at 01:06
Regular
Well, talks began before the Iraq war began, and things haven't gone that well for coalition forces, so I think a sweeping statement like that is a little misguided.
Still, it'd be naive to claim it had no effect...

When Blair actually said it, '...weapons capable of causing distraction...', that was a great moment :^)
Mon 05/01/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Didn't the whole test mean, a test to see how we handled rouge states? He went on to say that in effect, without the war in Iraq, Libya would never have given up it's WMD.
Mon 05/01/04 at 12:49
Regular
His real name was Tony Bliar all along i see!
Mon 05/01/04 at 10:03
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I fully understand and appreciate your angle on this, i would like to add that whilst i have always voted Tory i am not a die-hard anti-labour person and i do believe that when war is absolutely neccesary then war must be maximised effienctly with as little civilian loss as is possible.

I dont however and never have believed that invading Iraq was in any way shape or form neccesary, I think we all know that the US was still hurting from 9/11 and failed to fully destroy al-queda and claim its top prize of bin-laden thus prompting the US into a 'we must hurt someone for this' type of scenario, and ofcourse Iraq was always gonna be top of the 'hit list'.

Terrorism has and always been a major concern for everyone in this world and it will remain so for an eternity, this however does not justify invading a country purely as 'a test' solely to prepare us for any eventually that may be forthcoming from other sources.

War isnt always the wrong option, avoidable war is tho, we didnt need to go to Iraq and Bliar has admitted this fact by announcing it was just a test for us, I havnt even tapped on the subject of no weapons of mass destruction being found, thats another story entirely.
Mon 05/01/04 at 09:39
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Possibly the final nail, or he could just be warning us of what may happen in the future and it doesnt look pleasant. So he says it was just a test and tests are just like examples of a bigger thing like exams. So should we expecting another more hurtful war in the future then? Who knows but it sounded like that was what he was hinting. This statement by tony Blair is probably just preparing us for what might happen and what is probably going to happen. So really it isnt that shocking. He is probably aware of your views, 'Does he realise thousands of people died?' Well yes he probably is and as I have wrote above he is just trying to say that it can and probably will get worse.

How people view this statement though is a different thing because a lot are just going to say the same things as you, but we need to get the full picture of this statement first before we decide what it is about.
Mon 05/01/04 at 09:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
who else is there? reliable ol' mr howard? was it 14 times he avoided paxman's question?
Mon 05/01/04 at 09:31
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Last night upon returning from the Gulf Tony Bliar claimed that the recent war in Iraq was (for the British) 'a test' to prepare for us for any future conflicts and ready us further for the global war on terrorism.

That has to be the most shocking statement i have EVER read... he openly admits that war in Iraq was just a test for us...

Is he aware that this was more than a playground exercise and that thousands of people of many nationalties died?

This latest media goof by our Premier must be the final nail in his coffin surely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.