GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lending games"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/01/04 at 14:22
Do you lend game to people, how long for?

I lent my GB game to my mate about 2 years ago and he always said that he will bring it round, but we just both kept forgetting to pick it up and drop it off.
But my lil bro got an SP for christmas and he wanted to play the game, it was one of these 100 games in 1. Really expencive when my dad first got it for his GB.
So i ask him for it back on messenger the other night and he blocks me, so i get my mate to invite him into another conversation so i can ask him again, but as you can guess he blocked him as well.
So i phone him up, the fool hasn't got brodaband so you have to wait for his internet to disconnect (which is annoying for him because if you stay ringing him for about 30 seconds it will d/c his internet).
His brother answered and said that he was out, heh what a fool i was talking to him less then 10 seconds ago.
He then when on saying how he whent out just this second, obviously i didn't buy it and hung up.
He then comes online again and starts saying how he hasn't got it, but suprise suprise, when i phone up and say "Chris my dad is comming round after work to pick the game up, cya later" He comes back online and says that he has found it and that he will drop it round tomorrow.

Well, he dropped it round, but he droped it through the letter box straight onto my wooden floor, when i pick the game up, it has justin (his brothers name) written on it in blue felt.
Not only did my dad have a go at me for that (It's my dads game) but when we tried the game it didn't work, all 100 of them just didn't work.

So what do i do, make him buy a new one?, But i don't think they make the 100 in 1 any more.
And i can't really put a price on it because i hant got a clue.

Hmm, maybe i should go round and get the other, 4 DC games, 1 PC game and 1 xbox game he has of mine and said that he isn't giving back.

Fool.

You had any games stolen or broken from a mate, what did ya do?
Sun 04/01/04 at 16:22
Regular
"That's right!"
My mate used to leave his CDs everywhere, they'd pile up in stacks of 10s, getting scratched to high heaven. And he didn't discriminate; he'd do the same with the ones I was lending him. Redalert simply stopped working because of the amount of times I'd lent it to him (that's how long ago this was)

It got to the point where when he'd ask to lend something, I'd say "on one condition, you put it away when you're finished with it" I sounded like a parent telling their toddler they can only play with their lego if they clean it up afterwards.

Never worked, though, they'd come back as scratched as ever (actually, I had to go pick them up) and I was sick of getting into huge arguments with him over it, so I just gave up.

Actually, I lent him The Thing months ago... and the blighter's skipped the country without giving it back. Curse him.
Sun 04/01/04 at 16:16
Regular
That'll learn him.
Sun 04/01/04 at 16:11
Regular
"That's right!"
Sounds like this friend of yours is unreliable and a liar, you'd never get him to buy you a new one.
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
English_Bloke wrote:
> I beat him to death with a novelty eggcup!

Do you put novelty eggs in those?
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Hallelujah"
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> heh what a fool i was talking to him less then 10 seconds ago.

I tohught it took 30 seconds to dsconnect his internet?
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:48
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I laugh at you.
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I try to avoid lending games out. If I do lend games out, it's for a few days and I usually borrow a game off them.

My brother used to lend games out and I never saw them again.
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I once loaned Perfect Dark to my cousin for a week, 6 months later i decided to take a trip to his house to get it back.
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:41
OPLAR wrote:

> Would you make a mate pay for a replacement if he busted one?

Well why not?
Sun 04/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
So idiot in aus gave me my game back the day before I left and when I got back here it did'nt work, massive scrach down the middle

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.