GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do if you knew the meaning of life?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/01/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Do you think it would change us if we knew the meaning of life? Why? We'd still need money to pay for stuff, which would mean that we'd still have to work. We'd have our routines, meal times, patterns, etc - what would change? Most people that aren't morons have figured out that life here on Earth is meaningless. We exist by pure chance, and have evolved to a state where we can ask what we're here for, which is a downer because there's no real answer. The best I can suggest is that we're not here for anything - we just are. We exist, but beyond that we are nothing.

Obviously it would be nice to know if life has a meaning. Life has value, so it must have a meaning for us to be here. After all, a hammer has value, and we made them to help bash things. Maybe the human mind isn't advanced enough to understand the concepts of life, the Universe and Everything. There are probably planets out there that have been evolving for millions of years more than us, and they probably have inhabitants that have a far greater understanding of how the Universe works. Maybe we were created by a much more advanced civilisation for a purpose that we aren't aware of yet - think how much that would ruin your Sunday afternoon!

And again it comes down to money. If you suddenly found out that we are, as the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy states, a giant computer built to find the answer to the ultimate question to Life The Universe and Everything, you'd still have to work. Food and water wouldn't suddenly become free. We'd still have to lead our daily lives. Maybe it's a testament to how f**ked up the human race is that we have to live like this. And what comes after life? Death, obviously, but what happens. Do we just see black for the rest of eternity? Is life after death like a waking coma? Do we come back? Maybe life is like a videogame baddie - you shuffle off the mortal coil, but turn a corner and you're back again with a clean slate.

I didn't mean to write this much, and I want to get far deeper into it, but it's Sunday morning and Pete and Bernie's Philosophical Steakhouse is closed for business. I'll stop now, maybe come back later.
Tue 06/01/04 at 03:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i think the answer is a individual thing.different for everyone so if you want to generalise it, DO WHAT YOU MOST DESIRE, FULFIL WHAT YOU FEEL IS YOUR DESTINY. if you ask what is your destiny instead of the meaning of life youll find most people can answer it. the meaning of life will be all the answers combined.does that answer your question? do i get a gold star?
Mon 05/01/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't really care arrrgggh know don't make me think about it, my brain hurts.
Mon 05/01/04 at 00:18
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, if life has a meaning, then doesn't that implicate that life has a design? And if life has a design, then that implies a designer - a higher power, or God-like figure.

Now, if that were the case then perhaps the meaning of life will result in the accomplishment of God's master plan.

OR, the meaning of life is completely science driven - to have LOTS of children and advance the gene pool (in my case at least)

Sonic
Sun 04/01/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Selected"
I think finding the meaning of life is a very personal adventure and, eventually, an experience.

It's not just down to one person suddenly realising "My god, I'm here to make people laugh" and then that being the reason for everyone to be here (although that would be a good reason for humans to exist). Find your own reason to be here. Love and Happiness, for example, are perhaps the most popular and arguably the best reason to be here and offer a very reasonable answer to the meaning of life quesiton (apparantly).

Find the meaning of your life, not some schmuck down the street - thats what I think.
Sun 04/01/04 at 22:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
What would I do if I knew the meaning of life? Probably jot it down somewhere.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:47
"period drama"
Woo.
Online beat-box.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
tut
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Light of the world"
tsk
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Nice to know that your consept on everyone else that does not share
> your view is categorised as a 'moron'...

Yeah, it is isn't it ;p
Sun 04/01/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Light of the world"
Nice to know that your consept on everyone else that does not share your view is categorised as a 'moron'...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.