GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is The Matrix over-rated?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/03/01 at 13:31
Regular
Is the Matrix over-rated?

That's the question I ask of you today. What is there in this film that hasn't been seen in dozens of filmsbefore it? Nothing other than a few new special effects!

The story really is nothing special. Robots take over the world? What will they do in the Matrix 2, maybe they'll sent someone back in time to bump off the chosen one at an early age!

I'm not saying that it's a bad film, but it's not a new idea and the acting wasn't great! Other problemsI have with The Matrix include the fact that the bad guys were so not cool! They wore shades indoors for Christs sake! They didn't look in the least bit bad! Another problem was the love story between Noe and Trinity. It either should have been allowed to develop properly, or not at all. Though I guess the problem comes down to Keanu's lack of acting talent!

I did quite enjoy the film, but I really think that it wasn't as good as everyone is making out. The sequel is in serious danger of hype overload, so if they don't come up with something really special, expect some disappointed fans out there!
Thu 22/03/01 at 21:18
"Moderator"
yeah a bit like gladius, oh sorry i mean Gladiator

'(.)'
Thu 22/03/01 at 21:17
Regular
"not dead"
The thing is people, I'm not saying it's a bad film.

It's certainly an enjoyable one, but I don't think that it's worthy of all of the praise that has been heaped upon it.
Thu 22/03/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Maybe ever-so-slghtly yes.

The first film was never really hyped all that much but the follow-ups are probably going to be rammed down our throats so much they will end up seeming to be not as good as they could be, regardless of how good or bad they actually are.
Thu 22/03/01 at 18:23
"Moderator"
listen you little mugrat, the reason why the Neo-trinity relationship is that the first script was writtn with two sequels in mind, so what would be the point in deveoping it to the max in just the first one - And Keanu reeves is NOT a porr actor, just the role of Neo didnt require a large amount of scope for development, but th exxence of the film is the action, so there, just like Russel Crowe in Gladiator, its not designed for that,

now, go and write 50 lines on why you should not cross the path of the great one.

'(.)'
Thu 22/03/01 at 14:21
"High polygon count"
Matrix is an awesome film - can't wait for the next 2.
Thu 22/03/01 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No
Thu 22/03/01 at 13:31
Regular
"not dead"
Is the Matrix over-rated?

That's the question I ask of you today. What is there in this film that hasn't been seen in dozens of filmsbefore it? Nothing other than a few new special effects!

The story really is nothing special. Robots take over the world? What will they do in the Matrix 2, maybe they'll sent someone back in time to bump off the chosen one at an early age!

I'm not saying that it's a bad film, but it's not a new idea and the acting wasn't great! Other problemsI have with The Matrix include the fact that the bad guys were so not cool! They wore shades indoors for Christs sake! They didn't look in the least bit bad! Another problem was the love story between Noe and Trinity. It either should have been allowed to develop properly, or not at all. Though I guess the problem comes down to Keanu's lack of acting talent!

I did quite enjoy the film, but I really think that it wasn't as good as everyone is making out. The sequel is in serious danger of hype overload, so if they don't come up with something really special, expect some disappointed fans out there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.