GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Thrill pt 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 17:46
Regular
"That's right!"
It starts. Time to get my armour and weapon. Checking the security monitors, I see the enemy approaching, splitting up, hoping to rush us. No chance. Within seconds I'm on the floor below, wedged between a crate and the wall with a perfect view of the huge warehouse door.

I see them. I fire. Clipping one, and killing another, they scatter to get out of the open space, firing blindly in my rough direction as they head for any cover they can find. A team mate of mine joins in, laying down some serious fire to keep them where they are. He catches one with his deadly hail of bullets, causing the others to think twice and pull back.

A sniper sets up next to me, taking pot shots. I know between them they can keep this entrance covered. I have other worries, as I hear the distinct sound of the back door being opened. Gunfire rings in my ears as I sprint towards the back of the building; meaning they might not be inside yet, my team mates might be keeping them back. No such luck. The one guy we had covering the back door is laid out in front of me, staring at the ceiling. A quick burst from my MP5 sends the emerging counter terrorists scuttling back behind the large container. I run around the left side, firing down the narrow passage between the container and the wall. Caught in a bottle neck, they start to fall as I tag two of them and injure a third, who runs off. I don't have time to hunt him down, the men guarding the main entrance will see him and put him down for good. The door opens again, two more operatives come barging in. I'm ready for them - a sustained onslaught of bullets takes the one in front down, the man behind heads back through the door after taking several direct hits. I keep firing, following where I think he is with my gun, putting holes in the wall.

Low and behold, I get a confirmed kill on someone I can't even see. Some would say it was luck. I'd have to agree. My gun near empty, I discard it in favour of a rifle from one of the counter terrorists. Poor fool didn't even get one shot off. I go through the door myself and climb the nearby ladder. Two counter terrorists are on the roof, about to head through the ventilation shaft and into the building we must defend with our very lives. I spray them with bullets which do their job and give me two more kills. One of them got several shots off before going down, though, and my health is low. But things are going well - as I check the scoreboard I see out of eight we have five left, and the enemy is down to five themselves from their original ten. Things are going very well.

I hear a thud. A shot from a sniper over on the closed road in front of me clangs off the metal I'm standing on. I realise I'm in full view of anyone within shooting distance, and dart back down the ladder, almost falling off towards the bottom. Rushing back inside, the counter terrorists are trying to get through the main entrance again, putting down continuous covering fire as they make one attempt after another - but each one is forced back by my team mates' fierce determination. With four men, we outnumber them by one - an advantage we intend to exploit.

I barely see it, but the sniper who had a go at me earlier takes out one of my men. Two fall back, but still have the entrance covered. Anyone who walks in will have two angry terrorists with AK-47s covering them from a higher position. They won't have much of a chance.

I remember another way for them to get in, and rush up the nearby ramp, followed by the third man. We pour enough lead into the overhead vent to take down an elephant, but hit nothing. I don't even know if there's anyone in there. My team mate signals for me to cover him as he climbs the ladder to inspect it. Bang. He's dead before I can even react. Now whoever's up there is gunning for me. I make a run for it as my health drains away, into the red. I have to guard the hostages, they're what matters now. The ventilation shafts run into the room next to where we keep them, so I have to be careful. The vent directly above me isn't broken, meaning I'm safe - for now. I check the security monitors again, but can't see any of the enemy. There are only two counter terrorists left now, but it's enough to cost us dearly.

I head into the room with the hostages. I duck in the corner; one eye on the door, the other on my health. I hide behind our captives, who will make a good shield. The counter terrorists are in the building now, the confirmed death of a team mate informs me of that. I hear wild firing from an AK-47, which is suddenly silenced, meaning the other man is dead too. Fear grips me, about the same time as the adrenaline. I'm the last one left, with less than a quarter of my health, only one magazine and up against three highly trained counter terrorists. But I have the edge; they have to come in here to win. They have to step into my line of sight, into my crosshairs. The anticipation dries my mouth. An itch goes unscratched. I concentrate on the door, my finger poised, ready to fire. I hear the sound of the vent right outside where I am break, and someone dropping down. My hand shakes.

Then it happens. The doors slide open, my heart jumps up into my throat and I fire. The wall I'm ducking next to takes the volley of bullets, keeping me safe, and giving me the chance I need to squeeze off the last of my rounds. The opponent drops just outside the doorway. I daren't risk going for his weapon, they could be outside, waiting. I throw my empty rifle away and switch to my sidearm. 20 shots are all I have, the rest used up by my MP5 earlier. It'll be enough, I tell myself. If the same happens again, if one walks in by himself, I might get lucky.

The door opens again. Two step in this time. I curse as I begin to fire. One hostage falls, then another as they're caught in the deadly crossfire. Backing up, I quickly hit the wall. And now, with half a clip and nowhere to go, the bullets hit me. "Counter Terrorists Win" echoes in my ears. My team mates berate me, the enemy laughs. After just a few minutes, our entire team had been wiped out. But next time will be different.

It starts. Time to get my armour and weapon. Checking the security monitors, I see the enemy approaching, splitting up, hoping to rush us. No chance...
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:46
Regular
"That's right!"
It starts. Time to get my armour and weapon. Checking the security monitors, I see the enemy approaching, splitting up, hoping to rush us. No chance. Within seconds I'm on the floor below, wedged between a crate and the wall with a perfect view of the huge warehouse door.

I see them. I fire. Clipping one, and killing another, they scatter to get out of the open space, firing blindly in my rough direction as they head for any cover they can find. A team mate of mine joins in, laying down some serious fire to keep them where they are. He catches one with his deadly hail of bullets, causing the others to think twice and pull back.

A sniper sets up next to me, taking pot shots. I know between them they can keep this entrance covered. I have other worries, as I hear the distinct sound of the back door being opened. Gunfire rings in my ears as I sprint towards the back of the building; meaning they might not be inside yet, my team mates might be keeping them back. No such luck. The one guy we had covering the back door is laid out in front of me, staring at the ceiling. A quick burst from my MP5 sends the emerging counter terrorists scuttling back behind the large container. I run around the left side, firing down the narrow passage between the container and the wall. Caught in a bottle neck, they start to fall as I tag two of them and injure a third, who runs off. I don't have time to hunt him down, the men guarding the main entrance will see him and put him down for good. The door opens again, two more operatives come barging in. I'm ready for them - a sustained onslaught of bullets takes the one in front down, the man behind heads back through the door after taking several direct hits. I keep firing, following where I think he is with my gun, putting holes in the wall.

Low and behold, I get a confirmed kill on someone I can't even see. Some would say it was luck. I'd have to agree. My gun near empty, I discard it in favour of a rifle from one of the counter terrorists. Poor fool didn't even get one shot off. I go through the door myself and climb the nearby ladder. Two counter terrorists are on the roof, about to head through the ventilation shaft and into the building we must defend with our very lives. I spray them with bullets which do their job and give me two more kills. One of them got several shots off before going down, though, and my health is low. But things are going well - as I check the scoreboard I see out of eight we have five left, and the enemy is down to five themselves from their original ten. Things are going very well.

I hear a thud. A shot from a sniper over on the closed road in front of me clangs off the metal I'm standing on. I realise I'm in full view of anyone within shooting distance, and dart back down the ladder, almost falling off towards the bottom. Rushing back inside, the counter terrorists are trying to get through the main entrance again, putting down continuous covering fire as they make one attempt after another - but each one is forced back by my team mates' fierce determination. With four men, we outnumber them by one - an advantage we intend to exploit.

I barely see it, but the sniper who had a go at me earlier takes out one of my men. Two fall back, but still have the entrance covered. Anyone who walks in will have two angry terrorists with AK-47s covering them from a higher position. They won't have much of a chance.

I remember another way for them to get in, and rush up the nearby ramp, followed by the third man. We pour enough lead into the overhead vent to take down an elephant, but hit nothing. I don't even know if there's anyone in there. My team mate signals for me to cover him as he climbs the ladder to inspect it. Bang. He's dead before I can even react. Now whoever's up there is gunning for me. I make a run for it as my health drains away, into the red. I have to guard the hostages, they're what matters now. The ventilation shafts run into the room next to where we keep them, so I have to be careful. The vent directly above me isn't broken, meaning I'm safe - for now. I check the security monitors again, but can't see any of the enemy. There are only two counter terrorists left now, but it's enough to cost us dearly.

I head into the room with the hostages. I duck in the corner; one eye on the door, the other on my health. I hide behind our captives, who will make a good shield. The counter terrorists are in the building now, the confirmed death of a team mate informs me of that. I hear wild firing from an AK-47, which is suddenly silenced, meaning the other man is dead too. Fear grips me, about the same time as the adrenaline. I'm the last one left, with less than a quarter of my health, only one magazine and up against three highly trained counter terrorists. But I have the edge; they have to come in here to win. They have to step into my line of sight, into my crosshairs. The anticipation dries my mouth. An itch goes unscratched. I concentrate on the door, my finger poised, ready to fire. I hear the sound of the vent right outside where I am break, and someone dropping down. My hand shakes.

Then it happens. The doors slide open, my heart jumps up into my throat and I fire. The wall I'm ducking next to takes the volley of bullets, keeping me safe, and giving me the chance I need to squeeze off the last of my rounds. The opponent drops just outside the doorway. I daren't risk going for his weapon, they could be outside, waiting. I throw my empty rifle away and switch to my sidearm. 20 shots are all I have, the rest used up by my MP5 earlier. It'll be enough, I tell myself. If the same happens again, if one walks in by himself, I might get lucky.

The door opens again. Two step in this time. I curse as I begin to fire. One hostage falls, then another as they're caught in the deadly crossfire. Backing up, I quickly hit the wall. And now, with half a clip and nowhere to go, the bullets hit me. "Counter Terrorists Win" echoes in my ears. My team mates berate me, the enemy laughs. After just a few minutes, our entire team had been wiped out. But next time will be different.

It starts. Time to get my armour and weapon. Checking the security monitors, I see the enemy approaching, splitting up, hoping to rush us. No chance...
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:51
Regular
Ready wrote:
> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

oh my, not this fool again.
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:53
Regular
"That's right!"
Wow, did you see what he did? He pointed out that it was a long post by, get this, making the word long... long itself! Wow! Do you see?

Wow!
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:55
Regular
Heh. i didn't spot that.

it's like saying something like:

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

*slaps self*
Sat 03/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
"That's right!"
He's started a new craze!

What a guy...
Sat 03/01/04 at 19:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Man, why is it always MY stuff that gets buried by the spam?

Curse you spammers!
Sat 03/01/04 at 19:05
"Metal Head"
thats a lot of words
Sat 03/01/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Excellent.
Sat 03/01/04 at 23:04
Regular
"That's right!"
It's not as good as part 1, posted exactly a year and three days ago, but still decent. I think part 1 got ONE reply.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.