GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Double Life"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Why is it that we all have different aspects of ourselves that we only put in to practice and talk about with certain people? I myself can think of 3 different personalities if you will that I have. Around my general group of school mates I am just me. A ranting, swearing, opinionated idiot. To some of my other friends I am more myself. I feel calmer around them as I share a common aspect of myself with them. As this aspect is vital to me being me I am obviously different when I am forced to keep it under wraps if you will. Finally I have another personality that comes out to very few people which is the personality I have that pushes me to being who I want to be in the future. It is a personality based upon the future I want for myself. I base my performance now on what I want to be like in the future but that is a personality that very few people have seen. My question to you is though, why do we have all these other lives? Why do we act differently for different people? Surely if you are secure with yourself then you don't have the problem, it's their problem and they should just deal with it. Any comments welcome...
Tue 06/01/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Mixing with different groups of people brings out differing aspects of your personality but they are all parts that make up the whole you.
Sun 04/01/04 at 18:14
Regular
I'm different around my family but apart from that I try and be me. though obviously I won't start talking about football and stuff around people who have no interest in it
Sun 04/01/04 at 14:19
Regular
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Around my family I am me - less foxy and horny

I should damn well hope so
Sun 04/01/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Light of the world"
Strange isnt it.

Around my friends I do not show myself unless I am extrememly close
Around my family I am me - less foxy and horny
Around my boyfriend I am close, horny and best friend as well as being naked
O and at work... i am 'fish lady'
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:54
"period drama"
It's nothing strange, everyone changes their behaviours and language around different people. (We just did this in AS English Lang, by the by).
You can't expect someone to act exactly the same around their mates, or the grandparents or to total strangers. There's different 'rules' of how to act in different situations.

But it is interesting, and this bit got me - how do you know which one is the real you? You're always acting differently, either to keep up relationships or give off a picture of yourself.
You're probably closest to the real you when you're on your own. Which is kinda sad - but there's no reason to put on a face when there's nobody else around you.
Sun 04/01/04 at 09:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I would say the proper sign of maturity is when you can 'be yourself' (really be yourself) in all situations and circumstances. This is a difficult thing to do, especially when you are young and trying to 'fit in' and not be seen as a misfit.

But having said that, maybe the personality is a superficial and reactionary thing. When we are being polite to someone, are we being ourselves or are we putting on an act? The personality is always be a mask of convenience to some extent.
Sun 04/01/04 at 07:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
my second personality has been becoming more apparent recently.they couldnt be more different. there is me who is quite normal and quiet and then there is flockhart(current me)who is arrogant,uncaring and heartless.and where as you might choose to change your behavior i dont have much control over flockhart although i can feel him when he starts to take over.yes i am disturbed
Sun 04/01/04 at 00:46
Regular
"None Stored"
I dont bother with the different styles, if they dont like me then they can leave.
Sat 03/01/04 at 19:36
Regular
I also do act differently around certain groups of people, around my mates I swear a lot and do obscene things, but around my family I tend to just keep to myself.
Sat 03/01/04 at 16:22
Regular
"That's right!"
I have different versions of myself. I know if any of you met me in real life by accident and got talking to me, you wouldn't say "Hey, you're MoJoJoJo!"

I act differently around my family than I do with my friends (that's a given) but also around different types of people. With loud people, I go quiet, and with quiet people I go loud. Just filling in the gaps, I reckon. Like in Thailand - five of us. Didn't need another joker, so I kept most of my amazingly funny thoughts to myself for two whole weeks. I became the sensible one... more or less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.