GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Page behind a page "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/08/09 at 10:53
Hi All,

As a newcomer to web site design I am very proud of my first attempt of a website via Freeola but I need to change things to make it look better !

I will try & explain in english what I am trying to do! I have a page called meet the show dogs & have photo's of the dogs & the winnings they have .... but the page is looking rather messy as (good I know ;) but they have won too much now, I dont want to take the winnings off but it would be good if the meet the show dogs is one page & then people have a option to click a link next to the pic for more photo's & what each dog has won/pedigree if they wanted to know ( web site is www.japaneseshibainu.co.uk)

can it be done & if so pls explain in sinple english for me?!

Also I recently noticed someone has stole the pic of one of my puppies from the site & used it to advertise their puppies, how can you stop people right clicking & taking my pictures ?

Can someone pls explain (in simple english pls!!)

many thanks
Wed 05/08/09 at 16:43
Many Thanks for the details - I will give it a go later & see how I get on & give you an update................

Hmmm - yes thx, I found it worked after trying it a few times but one of the team contacted me & amended something & it hasn't happened again - cant believe my page has had 23,000 hits though, even one of our work customers cant work out how I have managed to get so high up on the search engines with a site costing so little & with very little IT knowledge, he spends hundreds trying to keep within the top 5 pages!!! ha : )
Wed 05/08/09 at 13:30
Regular
Eccles wrote:
> Hmmm's solution is the one I'd use. When you create a link there
> is a drop down menu in the create link popup that lets you select
> one of your pages to link to. This will still show pages that are
> not on your navigation so you can get the link URL right the
> first time.
>
> On the subject of protecting images, I've seen a few questions
> regarding this. I have written some of the functionality to add
> watermarks to images but this was never put into a live version
> of InstantPro. Just wondering how useful people would find this?
> The idea would be that you upload an image that is your
> watermark, you can then specify to have this added to all images
> in a fixed location (bottom right of the uploaded image for
> example) or have an option to only add it to individual images as
> required. Any suggestions?

I think that would be a great idea, not that I mind people using my images I just like em to ask
Wed 05/08/09 at 12:35
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hmmm's solution is the one I'd use. When you create a link there is a drop down menu in the create link popup that lets you select one of your pages to link to. This will still show pages that are not on your navigation so you can get the link URL right the first time.

On the subject of protecting images, I've seen a few questions regarding this. I have written some of the functionality to add watermarks to images but this was never put into a live version of InstantPro. Just wondering how useful people would find this? The idea would be that you upload an image that is your watermark, you can then specify to have this added to all images in a fixed location (bottom right of the uploaded image for example) or have an option to only add it to individual images as required. Any suggestions?
Wed 05/08/09 at 11:19
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome back.
Hope you resolved your problems when you last posted a question!?

'Extra page'
I would create a new page for each dog, but remove the page from the main navigation. Just uncheck the navigation option to do this.
Contain all the extra info you want on this new page.
Then on the original 'meet the dogs' page just add a text link - 'more information' for example to take visitors to the new 'details' page.

As for stopping people stealing photos - you can't!

If someone can see the content on their PC then they can take what they want. Disabling right-hand click won't stop people!

If you are still concerned then your best bet is to add some type of watermark to your images.

Hope this helps - remember to let us know how you get on!

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Wed 05/08/09 at 11:15
Regular
Do you mean an Iframe? (a frame not attached to any side of the screen, but inset in the webpage itself)
Wed 05/08/09 at 10:57
By the way I am using the InstantPro - in case you need to know this?
Wed 05/08/09 at 10:53
Hi All,

As a newcomer to web site design I am very proud of my first attempt of a website via Freeola but I need to change things to make it look better !

I will try & explain in english what I am trying to do! I have a page called meet the show dogs & have photo's of the dogs & the winnings they have .... but the page is looking rather messy as (good I know ;) but they have won too much now, I dont want to take the winnings off but it would be good if the meet the show dogs is one page & then people have a option to click a link next to the pic for more photo's & what each dog has won/pedigree if they wanted to know ( web site is www.japaneseshibainu.co.uk)

can it be done & if so pls explain in sinple english for me?!

Also I recently noticed someone has stole the pic of one of my puppies from the site & used it to advertise their puppies, how can you stop people right clicking & taking my pictures ?

Can someone pls explain (in simple english pls!!)

many thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.