GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator Salvation - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Terminator Salvation'.
Wed 05/08/09 at 09:43
"possibly impossible"
Oh dear! Terminator salvation had the makings of a good game, big robots, bigger robots and then huge shed loads of robots all after your blood in a Gears of War style shooting game.

The thing is, everything starts to go wrong when you notice the cut scenes are so badly put together they make it look as if Ed Wood had directed the movie. Then you get the Terminators. Or rather, you don’t. You get waves of those annoying wasp things which take a few shots up their backside to dispatch, stupid drones who pretty much wave at you to get your attention (and your gun sights) and the T600s are even worse, they come and shake your hand to see if you want to be friends (ok, they do fire at you, but only in a ‘lets be friends’ sort of way).

It says something when you can kill a heavily armed Hunter Killer enemy with a single shot from a rocket, probably while sipping a cup of tea as you hide behind the wall that, in the movie, would have been dust from their gunfire. But then this seems to be a game which was made in a tea-break after watching a few clips from the film and hiring some out-of-work actors to do voice overs.

I noticed that the game had co-op, but then I didn’t have any friends with the game and I only hired it myself so I didn’t feel like inflicting the pain of playing it on anyone else. Single player is bad enough and the levels feel like trudging through a bleak future, but one that is more Yorkshire moor than post-apocalypse.

Redeeming features? The cover system works fairly well and I like the fact that you can’t just shoot straight at the front of some of the enemies, you have to go around them, but other than this it’s all a bit shoddy and unspectacular.

If there is a future left, I really hope we get to see a good Terminator game again as it may wipe the memory of this one completely from my mind.

2/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 05/08/09 at 09:43
"possibly impossible"
Oh dear! Terminator salvation had the makings of a good game, big robots, bigger robots and then huge shed loads of robots all after your blood in a Gears of War style shooting game.

The thing is, everything starts to go wrong when you notice the cut scenes are so badly put together they make it look as if Ed Wood had directed the movie. Then you get the Terminators. Or rather, you don’t. You get waves of those annoying wasp things which take a few shots up their backside to dispatch, stupid drones who pretty much wave at you to get your attention (and your gun sights) and the T600s are even worse, they come and shake your hand to see if you want to be friends (ok, they do fire at you, but only in a ‘lets be friends’ sort of way).

It says something when you can kill a heavily armed Hunter Killer enemy with a single shot from a rocket, probably while sipping a cup of tea as you hide behind the wall that, in the movie, would have been dust from their gunfire. But then this seems to be a game which was made in a tea-break after watching a few clips from the film and hiring some out-of-work actors to do voice overs.

I noticed that the game had co-op, but then I didn’t have any friends with the game and I only hired it myself so I didn’t feel like inflicting the pain of playing it on anyone else. Single player is bad enough and the levels feel like trudging through a bleak future, but one that is more Yorkshire moor than post-apocalypse.

Redeeming features? The cover system works fairly well and I like the fact that you can’t just shoot straight at the front of some of the enemies, you have to go around them, but other than this it’s all a bit shoddy and unspectacular.

If there is a future left, I really hope we get to see a good Terminator game again as it may wipe the memory of this one completely from my mind.

2/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.