GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chelsea making the Premiership better?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/01/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Notable"
At first a stupid question. Being bought out to win games aint good at all. But maybe they contribute to lesser teams in a positive way.(Apart from being hammered by them, oops forgot Bolton ;D).

Being rich and all, a high transfer fee wont be needed. Like the Premiership is dotted with Ex-West Ham and Leeds players who have gone on the cheap, bar Rio :(. They have all gone off to strengthened a few premiership clubs. And with Chelsea linked with another world class player every other day, then surely some players will wont to move regardless of Chelsea titles hopes.

I mean, Smertin? Come on. He was only bought to appease his native Russians. As soon as he arrived at Stamford Bridge he was shipped off to Portsmouth. Not putting him down or anything, hes not as good as petit or any other of the central midfield players at Chelsea.

Players like Stanic, Babayaro, Melchiot and perhaps Gudjonson wouldn't suprise me if they left. The same with Hasslebaink and Gronkjaer. All these players were mostly first team before the revolution. Leon Knight is brilliant and he went to Brighton quite cheap. Thus proving that price and destination wont bother the communists one bit. Also with Carlton Cole on loan to Charlton. He has proven he can score a few with Chelsea and getting more first team football will benefit Charltons ludacris 4th position hopes. And if they manage to get there and he forms a bond with the club I would love to see him go. And Zenden for Middlesborough is a very significant aquisition and they will desperately wont to keep him.

Although on the flip side they have taken sought after talent from some English clubs. Bridge was a very big asset at Southampton and his recent form proves this. Glen Johnson and Joe Coles transfers have severly damaged West Hams promotion hopes which seems to be taking another blow each week. Personally I'm not too bothered about Joe Cole. Hes a ball-og with a few tricks in my eyes. And with Chelsea constanly depriving Giant European powers as well, The Premiership will get even better. (Or is that a bad think?)

So, don't be suprised to see a few Ex-Chelsea stars becoming your new heroes! :¬D
Fri 02/01/04 at 21:40
Regular
"MAN UTD til I die!"
Chelsea aren`t making the premiership better. They`ll probably not win it. They`re doing bad in the last couple of matches. United play best on the 2nd part of the premiership. I still think they`ll win.
Fri 02/01/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Baros!!!"
The race for the Premiership title has got better with 3 teams competing for it. The only downside is that Chelsea have done it the easy way. They get a billionaire and then spend spend spend.

What will happen when Ambromavich decides to quit the club?

Who's going to takeover and pay for all those high wages?

Look at Wolves, Hayward is trying to give his club away with no interest at all. All the buyers have to do is put the club funds in.

If ambromavich wants to make football better, why doesn't he donate some money to Leeds football club to help them through their crisis?

If I were a footballer I'd go for the first team football not the money. It's people like Rivaldo who wants 100 grand a week!!!

I'd love to be a footballer, but it's so hard nowadays with all the foreigners coming over.
Fri 02/01/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Inevitabley, whenever Ranieri does find his "winning eleven" there will be a host of other big-names (like the Hasselbainks and even Joe Coles, perhaps) then-wanting to leave Stamford Bridge, in order to find the first-team football they were so-hoping to get with the "Chelski" revolution; until Abramovich DIDN'T stop spending.

Let's face it; he won't stop spending until his "team" are currently top-of-the-league taking silverware from every major competition in-sight. The FA Cup, Champions' League, World Club Cup... You name it; he wants it!

Until Claudio Ranieri can sort out his growing squad of European and International super-stars, players will always have that `hope“, though; which is why they will probably stay, for now.

The players who DO stay, however, would surely only be in it for the money. I mean, they become footballers (initialy) because it is something they love to do. If they're not getting regular first-team football, they will not be too happy for much-longer. In short; they will both want and HAVE to leave.

But would they really let them all go so-cheaply?
Sure, they may have "all-the-money-in-the-world"; but what kind of "business deal" would it be if they were to make a 75%-loss on the sale of a world-class star, whom they initially payed £25m for?
While `Chelsea“ may still be a football club, from Roman Abramovich's eyes, it is still only a new "business-venture".
But yes, there is every-chance some will be released on-loan, of course.

And, yes. Alexei Smertin WAS only signed to attract interest in the club from Russia (like how Beckham has helped Real in Japan; Dong Fangzhou will inevitebley help United in China).
Thu 01/01/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Notable"
At first a stupid question. Being bought out to win games aint good at all. But maybe they contribute to lesser teams in a positive way.(Apart from being hammered by them, oops forgot Bolton ;D).

Being rich and all, a high transfer fee wont be needed. Like the Premiership is dotted with Ex-West Ham and Leeds players who have gone on the cheap, bar Rio :(. They have all gone off to strengthened a few premiership clubs. And with Chelsea linked with another world class player every other day, then surely some players will wont to move regardless of Chelsea titles hopes.

I mean, Smertin? Come on. He was only bought to appease his native Russians. As soon as he arrived at Stamford Bridge he was shipped off to Portsmouth. Not putting him down or anything, hes not as good as petit or any other of the central midfield players at Chelsea.

Players like Stanic, Babayaro, Melchiot and perhaps Gudjonson wouldn't suprise me if they left. The same with Hasslebaink and Gronkjaer. All these players were mostly first team before the revolution. Leon Knight is brilliant and he went to Brighton quite cheap. Thus proving that price and destination wont bother the communists one bit. Also with Carlton Cole on loan to Charlton. He has proven he can score a few with Chelsea and getting more first team football will benefit Charltons ludacris 4th position hopes. And if they manage to get there and he forms a bond with the club I would love to see him go. And Zenden for Middlesborough is a very significant aquisition and they will desperately wont to keep him.

Although on the flip side they have taken sought after talent from some English clubs. Bridge was a very big asset at Southampton and his recent form proves this. Glen Johnson and Joe Coles transfers have severly damaged West Hams promotion hopes which seems to be taking another blow each week. Personally I'm not too bothered about Joe Cole. Hes a ball-og with a few tricks in my eyes. And with Chelsea constanly depriving Giant European powers as well, The Premiership will get even better. (Or is that a bad think?)

So, don't be suprised to see a few Ex-Chelsea stars becoming your new heroes! :¬D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.