GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Year, same old story"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/01/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Around me people sang Auld Lang Syne, and celebrated being a day older than they were 30 seconds ago. Many weren’t singing coherently, some could be classed as shouting, but all were seemingly having a good time. I sat and watched this rowdy crowd of people, wishing each other all the best in 2004 and exchanging other such utterances common to this day. No one uttered anything to me.

I knew I was looking in from the outside, seeing second by second, almost as if in slow motion, the strange human custom of “getting legless” as a suitable reception for a new digit. I always saw this as an odd way to welcome the new.

People say you should start as you mean to go on, and if many take this phrase to heart, then many want to go on killing brain cells and impairing their neural functions. Humans really are funny creatures. I’ve always felt that if people insist on ringing in the New Year, then why not do something more soulful, something that will provide a feeling that will last longer than a hangover. Many, I suppose, will reply with “where’s the fun in that?”, but these things aren’t always meant to be about fun. Some things can be enjoyed without necessarily being fun.

I hope your new year is full of enjoyment and success, and that 2004 will be a character-building year for all of us.
Fri 02/01/04 at 11:16
Regular
For my new year i babysat my dog (Blossom) as it scratches down the entire door if you leave it in on its own.

I was playing the zelda collections whilst totally drunk.
Woah does that game turn into a weird sort of trip after 23 1/2 shots of vodka (straight)..
Thu 01/01/04 at 17:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If we are being totally cynical, then New Year is totally meaningless, because nothing but a social construct changes. By altering a number that changes very rarely.
Thu 01/01/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Around me people sang Auld Lang Syne, and celebrated being a day older than they were 30 seconds ago. Many weren’t singing coherently, some could be classed as shouting, but all were seemingly having a good time. I sat and watched this rowdy crowd of people, wishing each other all the best in 2004 and exchanging other such utterances common to this day. No one uttered anything to me.

I knew I was looking in from the outside, seeing second by second, almost as if in slow motion, the strange human custom of “getting legless” as a suitable reception for a new digit. I always saw this as an odd way to welcome the new.

People say you should start as you mean to go on, and if many take this phrase to heart, then many want to go on killing brain cells and impairing their neural functions. Humans really are funny creatures. I’ve always felt that if people insist on ringing in the New Year, then why not do something more soulful, something that will provide a feeling that will last longer than a hangover. Many, I suppose, will reply with “where’s the fun in that?”, but these things aren’t always meant to be about fun. Some things can be enjoyed without necessarily being fun.

I hope your new year is full of enjoyment and success, and that 2004 will be a character-building year for all of us.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.