GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pkmn gold +silver"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/03/01 at 18:26
Regular
i could notf ind anything on the reviews page to put this on so if it wont bother anyone ill put it here

Pokemon gold and silver is set to be the best thing that ever hit the game boy colour. This time round there are 100 little monsters and eight gyms to get your way through and like the first game at the beginning you have to choose one of 3 little fellows to join you on the way. First you got Totodile a water pokemon who evolves into Croconaw and Feriligatr and he is definitely not a bad choice. Or there is Chikorita a grass pokemon who is always determined for a fight. The final choice is Cyndaquil a fire type who evolves into Quilava and Typhlosion 2 very hard monsters.
Unlike the first game there are times and days of the week, for instance you can catch a charmander on Thursday evening etc. There are lots of new gadgets this time round like the poke gear watch in which you can store phone numbers and call people for a rematch etc.
One really funny thing about this game is that there are male and female pokemon and if you leave them together in the day care then when you return you will get an egg. If you keep this in your squad it will eventually hatch and apparently it will have the fathers moves but look like the mother, imagine a pikachu with fly or flame thrower that’d be sweet, just think of what you could do… you could rule the world HA AH HA.
Also did you know that there is a pokemon radio station where you listen to loads of tips about how to raise and battle pokemon and even where you can find some strange beasts.
In this adventure you have to keep your pokemon happy like,
Feeding it: e.g. protein,
Grooming it: take it to the barbers in goldenrod city
Heal it: after a few battles your pokemon get weary, always make sure their ok by taking them to a pokemon center.
Battle: the pokemon you raise will learn to love battles, after all that’s wot there for so give em loads.
Here’s a few of the gym leaders and there strengths:
Falkner: this guy is easy and he uses flying types, you get the ability to use flash when you beat him and the zephyr badge.
Bugsy: this girl loves bugs so use a fire type to burn em up. You will receive the hive badge and pokemon up to level 30 will obey you.
Whitney: she uses miltank and clefairy don’t drift aslee……… youll get the plain badge after she loses and she aint happy.
Morty: this guy is ghostly, literally his ghosts are strong and if you win u get a fog badge, surf ability and level 50 pokemon will obey you
Chuck: this guy has two rock hard pokemon, poliwrath and primeape win this duel to receive the storm badge and the ability of surf + level 70 pkm will obey you.
Jasmine: this girl is pretty sweet and you will need a geodud to beat her magnemites she keeps, but watch out for the steelix to aquire the mineral badge.
Pryce: with ice types galore this guy is hard, use fire to get the glacier badge.
Clair: this women is crazy about dragons, almost obsessed. If you beat her she wont give u the badge till u do a job in the dragon cave, to get the rising badge and all pokemon will obey you.
You should now have a poke good squad all at level 100.

This is a classic game and hopefully we will see more pokemon titles in the future, even better than this, imagine a 3-d adventure on the Gamecube where like the program you catch pokemon and battle them in a 3-d world. It would be sweet.

Good luck pokemanias

APOC style! PUKKA!!!

Wed 21/03/01 at 18:26
i could notf ind anything on the reviews page to put this on so if it wont bother anyone ill put it here

Pokemon gold and silver is set to be the best thing that ever hit the game boy colour. This time round there are 100 little monsters and eight gyms to get your way through and like the first game at the beginning you have to choose one of 3 little fellows to join you on the way. First you got Totodile a water pokemon who evolves into Croconaw and Feriligatr and he is definitely not a bad choice. Or there is Chikorita a grass pokemon who is always determined for a fight. The final choice is Cyndaquil a fire type who evolves into Quilava and Typhlosion 2 very hard monsters.
Unlike the first game there are times and days of the week, for instance you can catch a charmander on Thursday evening etc. There are lots of new gadgets this time round like the poke gear watch in which you can store phone numbers and call people for a rematch etc.
One really funny thing about this game is that there are male and female pokemon and if you leave them together in the day care then when you return you will get an egg. If you keep this in your squad it will eventually hatch and apparently it will have the fathers moves but look like the mother, imagine a pikachu with fly or flame thrower that’d be sweet, just think of what you could do… you could rule the world HA AH HA.
Also did you know that there is a pokemon radio station where you listen to loads of tips about how to raise and battle pokemon and even where you can find some strange beasts.
In this adventure you have to keep your pokemon happy like,
Feeding it: e.g. protein,
Grooming it: take it to the barbers in goldenrod city
Heal it: after a few battles your pokemon get weary, always make sure their ok by taking them to a pokemon center.
Battle: the pokemon you raise will learn to love battles, after all that’s wot there for so give em loads.
Here’s a few of the gym leaders and there strengths:
Falkner: this guy is easy and he uses flying types, you get the ability to use flash when you beat him and the zephyr badge.
Bugsy: this girl loves bugs so use a fire type to burn em up. You will receive the hive badge and pokemon up to level 30 will obey you.
Whitney: she uses miltank and clefairy don’t drift aslee……… youll get the plain badge after she loses and she aint happy.
Morty: this guy is ghostly, literally his ghosts are strong and if you win u get a fog badge, surf ability and level 50 pokemon will obey you
Chuck: this guy has two rock hard pokemon, poliwrath and primeape win this duel to receive the storm badge and the ability of surf + level 70 pkm will obey you.
Jasmine: this girl is pretty sweet and you will need a geodud to beat her magnemites she keeps, but watch out for the steelix to aquire the mineral badge.
Pryce: with ice types galore this guy is hard, use fire to get the glacier badge.
Clair: this women is crazy about dragons, almost obsessed. If you beat her she wont give u the badge till u do a job in the dragon cave, to get the rising badge and all pokemon will obey you.
You should now have a poke good squad all at level 100.

This is a classic game and hopefully we will see more pokemon titles in the future, even better than this, imagine a 3-d adventure on the Gamecube where like the program you catch pokemon and battle them in a 3-d world. It would be sweet.

Good luck pokemanias

APOC style! PUKKA!!!

Wed 21/03/01 at 18:31
I shan't argue with you posting it in here but I would say that If not in the reviews then this probably belongs in the game forum. But that place looks pretty dead! So post away.
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:32
i will
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:34
Regular
It's not out til April 6th so I hope this isn't a review!

This should be considered as a preview and therfore shouldn't be posted in the reviews section anyway....

I'm really looking forward to this game! I've restarted Pokémon Blue to train a really good squad to trnsfer onto Gold when I get it! :)
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:36
same here
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:37
Regular
It's not out til April 6th so I hope this isn't a review!

This should be considered as a preview and therfore shouldn't be posted in the reviews section anyway....

I'm really looking forward to this game! I've restarted Pokémon Blue to train a really good squad to trnsfer onto Gold when I get it! :)
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:37
Regular
Sorry bout this repetative posting guys!

My modems dodgy and it doesn't always tell me it's posted...
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:38
right then
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:40
Regular
Is the term "sweet" a general ninentdo fan phrase. It just seems weird, the only two people I know who say that about computer games are avid fans of Nintendo, and it seems that you are too.

By the way, I certainly disagre with you when you say that you need all level 100s at the end of the game. The game is no harder than the originals, and you only need level 60-70s in order to have an almost guarenteed chance of winning the game - and I know, one friend of mine has been playing the game (American import), since before christmas!
Wed 21/03/01 at 18:41
Regular
That first sentence should have had a question mark at the end of it. Silly typing error!

No, honestly, I'm not an English teacher, or compiler of the OED!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.