GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thinking of a resolution?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I’m not very good with New Year’s resolutions, but then again who is? I did however, make a resolution on New Year’s Eve three years ago, and I am proud to say I have kept it every single day from then until now. Don’t ask me what the resolution is, because you are not going to get an answer, but I can honestly say it was a life-changing one. This year I’ve been thinking if I’ve managed it once successfully I can manage it again. And so I’ve been thinking hard for a new one that really will make a difference. I’ve been thinking through the usual ones, not eating junk food, doing more exercise etc, but I know I won’t stick to these because on a student budget I can’t afford much more than a packet of crisps for lunch, not to mention my Uni is miles from anywhere that serves decent food! I’m not sure about the exercise one, because it’s something I don’t think my health, ironically, will allow me to stick to a regime with.

So then I started thinking about the one resolution I did keep, and asked myself what was so special about that one that made it possible to keep. The answer I came up with was that it could not be messed up by outside interference of any kind, well that and it had almost instant results. I’m beginning to think that trying to find a new resolution that would have the same effect as that one is nigh on impossible. I don’t think there is anything that could change my life as much as that one did. I felt good every time I kept that resolution and reminded myself of it, and I doubt there’s anything that I can do in my life that can match that feeling so consistently.

It did teach me one thing though, that New Year’s resolutions are not necessarily made to be broken, because if the willpower and effort is put into keeping it once its made, then it really can have a positive effect on your life. So if you’re going to make a resolution this year, think hard about what resolution you’re going to make, and ask yourself can you really keep it. If the answer is no or I don’t think so, the chances are it’s a resolution not suited to your lifestyle, and lifestyles are always the hardest to change, and for most it's too big a step in one go, but if the answer is yes, go for it. It may be one of the best decisions you ever make.
Wed 31/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I’m not very good with New Year’s resolutions, but then again who is? I did however, make a resolution on New Year’s Eve three years ago, and I am proud to say I have kept it every single day from then until now. Don’t ask me what the resolution is, because you are not going to get an answer, but I can honestly say it was a life-changing one. This year I’ve been thinking if I’ve managed it once successfully I can manage it again. And so I’ve been thinking hard for a new one that really will make a difference. I’ve been thinking through the usual ones, not eating junk food, doing more exercise etc, but I know I won’t stick to these because on a student budget I can’t afford much more than a packet of crisps for lunch, not to mention my Uni is miles from anywhere that serves decent food! I’m not sure about the exercise one, because it’s something I don’t think my health, ironically, will allow me to stick to a regime with.

So then I started thinking about the one resolution I did keep, and asked myself what was so special about that one that made it possible to keep. The answer I came up with was that it could not be messed up by outside interference of any kind, well that and it had almost instant results. I’m beginning to think that trying to find a new resolution that would have the same effect as that one is nigh on impossible. I don’t think there is anything that could change my life as much as that one did. I felt good every time I kept that resolution and reminded myself of it, and I doubt there’s anything that I can do in my life that can match that feeling so consistently.

It did teach me one thing though, that New Year’s resolutions are not necessarily made to be broken, because if the willpower and effort is put into keeping it once its made, then it really can have a positive effect on your life. So if you’re going to make a resolution this year, think hard about what resolution you’re going to make, and ask yourself can you really keep it. If the answer is no or I don’t think so, the chances are it’s a resolution not suited to your lifestyle, and lifestyles are always the hardest to change, and for most it's too big a step in one go, but if the answer is yes, go for it. It may be one of the best decisions you ever make.
Wed 31/12/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Me > J00"
I never make any, don't see the point.
Wed 31/12/03 at 18:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
Make something easy you can keep to, like "dont eat Lobster"
Wed 31/12/03 at 18:52
"period drama"
New year's resolutions are bullsheet.
If something needs changing so badly, you would have done it already, not hung around 'til the new year to try and convince yourself you may actually do it.
Wed 31/12/03 at 19:14
Regular
"SOUP!"
A bullsheet is an actual thing. Farmers wrap them around bulls in winter so they dont get too cold.
Wed 31/12/03 at 19:18
Regular
Paradox wrote:
> A bullsheet is an actual thing. Farmers wrap them around bulls in
> winter so they dont get too cold.

no, that's a bovine duvet
Wed 31/12/03 at 19:24
Regular
"SOUP!"
Touché
Thu 01/01/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Laughingstock"
My New Year's Resolution is to stop posting on this chat forum.
- Oops.

The only NYR I've ever made was 'to stop eating meat'; and four years on, I haven't consumed so much as a slither. Easy.
Thu 01/01/04 at 13:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive decided to get a trimmer, flatter stomach.

So ive ordered a slendertone flex.
Thu 01/01/04 at 13:58
Regular
I've got two News Years Resolution's... perhaps I'll think of more, though.

First off, I want to get an online CV up and runnig; I've done a fair few site designs now, so I should have no problems. Plus, It'll be somewhere to publish some of my Perl scripts, which I'm actually very proud of.

My second is to simply get a job. In June I'll be 16, and I'd rather start early than late. You can all laugh at me if you want... but my aim is to either become a web designer, or a game reviewer. They're kind of my dream jobs, and I'm going to try my hardest to succeed. Plus, there's always games development too. To be honest, I find it fairly simple, and there are loads of North-East based development companies, the makers of Big Mother Truckers being jsut one of them.

Hope I stick to them, but time will only tell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.