GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Bomberman: Xbox Live"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Bomberman Live'.
Tue 04/08/09 at 12:13
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] Bomberman: Xbox Live

A classic game that surely everyone is familiar with, my first memories of Bomberman come from my original Gameboy (you know the one the size of a brick) and playing it on there. It had the name Bomberman but it was slightly different from how the game is now, while the concept is similar, this version has seen plenty of tweaks and updates thanks to technology.

Those of you who are unaware this game is available on Xbox Live, around 800MS points I believe. It is a multiplayer game, you can play against the CPU but there is no story mode. Good old classic multiplayer madness as it’s best. You choose your level, set the rules and away you go. Anywhere from 2-8 players can be involved in one map, you spend the round blowing up blocks to gain power ups and try to also hit your enemies with the blast from your bomb. Harder than it sounds, and often it is the mistake from another player that gets you the kill in the end. The last man (or woman) standing is the winner of that round, you can set the first to as many rounds as you like.

So very simple game that is excellent to play with your mates when they come over. A nice new addition to Bomberman games i have played is customizing your little man, it used to be a colour change to stand out, but now you can dress as a Pirate, a Cowboy, or a Ballet Dancer!?!? Well there are loads of styles and you can mix and match until you have your favourite (achievements can be obtained depending on getting kills in certain outfits). Always fun to run rampage as a pirate and take down your mates in 4 player frenzies.

The power ups in the game are the big thing, you need to increase the amount of bombs you have to drop and the blast length to stand a chance of winning. Some of the power ups include; Drop more bombs, run faster, pick bombs up, kick bombs and even ones that make you slow or controls mess up. So a huge range of power ups that can make the games even more fun.

Now your friends are not always there and playing the CPU sucks a bit, it does not have the same competitive feel that makes multiplayer fun. So hop online and play on Xbox Live, for instant multiplayer fun...... well at least it should be. Finding a game is sometimes hard and the connections are not always great. Now this is partly my fault for living in the countryside with a 1mb connection. But i have heard other complaints about this being an annoyance for people and it has ultimately put me off the game. I think there is DLC for it and to find the most games you need this. So if you have some money spare then it is a fun game to download and play. But i would say more for the friends round and few beers option. Online is great when it works but for me it is a let down due to getting on a game!

Still a fun game and liable to drop in price if it has not done so yet, worth a pick up, so keep your eyes peeled.

7.5./10

With good internet and connection probably 8.5, because the game is limited to what you can do, but addictive enough your mates will always fancy a game when they head over.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 04/08/09 at 12:13
Regular
"THFC"
[GAME] Bomberman: Xbox Live

A classic game that surely everyone is familiar with, my first memories of Bomberman come from my original Gameboy (you know the one the size of a brick) and playing it on there. It had the name Bomberman but it was slightly different from how the game is now, while the concept is similar, this version has seen plenty of tweaks and updates thanks to technology.

Those of you who are unaware this game is available on Xbox Live, around 800MS points I believe. It is a multiplayer game, you can play against the CPU but there is no story mode. Good old classic multiplayer madness as it’s best. You choose your level, set the rules and away you go. Anywhere from 2-8 players can be involved in one map, you spend the round blowing up blocks to gain power ups and try to also hit your enemies with the blast from your bomb. Harder than it sounds, and often it is the mistake from another player that gets you the kill in the end. The last man (or woman) standing is the winner of that round, you can set the first to as many rounds as you like.

So very simple game that is excellent to play with your mates when they come over. A nice new addition to Bomberman games i have played is customizing your little man, it used to be a colour change to stand out, but now you can dress as a Pirate, a Cowboy, or a Ballet Dancer!?!? Well there are loads of styles and you can mix and match until you have your favourite (achievements can be obtained depending on getting kills in certain outfits). Always fun to run rampage as a pirate and take down your mates in 4 player frenzies.

The power ups in the game are the big thing, you need to increase the amount of bombs you have to drop and the blast length to stand a chance of winning. Some of the power ups include; Drop more bombs, run faster, pick bombs up, kick bombs and even ones that make you slow or controls mess up. So a huge range of power ups that can make the games even more fun.

Now your friends are not always there and playing the CPU sucks a bit, it does not have the same competitive feel that makes multiplayer fun. So hop online and play on Xbox Live, for instant multiplayer fun...... well at least it should be. Finding a game is sometimes hard and the connections are not always great. Now this is partly my fault for living in the countryside with a 1mb connection. But i have heard other complaints about this being an annoyance for people and it has ultimately put me off the game. I think there is DLC for it and to find the most games you need this. So if you have some money spare then it is a fun game to download and play. But i would say more for the friends round and few beers option. Online is great when it works but for me it is a let down due to getting on a game!

Still a fun game and liable to drop in price if it has not done so yet, worth a pick up, so keep your eyes peeled.

7.5./10

With good internet and connection probably 8.5, because the game is limited to what you can do, but addictive enough your mates will always fancy a game when they head over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.