GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Depriving consoles to 1000 million people."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/12/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
India is the 7th largest country in the world and is the home to more than 1/6 th (one sixth) population of the world. India is the place where gaming industry can expand its base.
I'll provide some basic introduction to the gaming scene in India: -
Although India is one of the developing countries, the metros, cities and towns are well-developed and well civilized. (Throughout this message, please note that whatever I am posting regards only to who can afford it, I am not making any comments about those who cant). : -
In India, the best gaming system is considered a pc. Apart from its gaming capabilities, it can serve various other purposes as well. This is the thinking underlying the demands of the next generation who want to enjoy video-gaming, when they demand a pc, completely unaware of consoles like XBOX, PS2 or Gamecube.
The next gaming machine is the psx called only the playstation (majority does not know that a sequel to the psx has been released 3 years ago), but mostly unsuccesfull because of two reasons:-
1. It is not multi-util as a pc and it is "expensive" only for gaming at about 70 Pounds 5000 rs.
2. During 1996, lots of variations of Illegal NES clones were introduced in India from the far-east (even from the respected companies like Bossh - I am unsure about the spelling though bu the logo is the same.) Now a new gadget is introduced which can play audio cds, video cds, mp3s and has an inbuilt nes-emulator and comes with a 300 game disc. The whole gadget with the disc is for around 30 pounds.
Many parents buy their children a new pc for about 50000 rs. 700 pounds purely for gaming. They think that their children would make good use of it for learning stuff as well apart from gaming. But they dont know that PC cant teach you any thing until there is any software. The result, it hurts the reputation of pc and those who do some solid-constructive work on their pcs. PCing in India is termed playing on Computer.
Getting apart from these things and coming on the main topic, if at this time a console is released in India with proper marketing, the manufacturer(MS, Sony and Nintendo) will get his console a lot of success. There are many reasons for it. Firstly as you know, consoles would be much cheaper than PC, and if it is properly marketed unlike the psx, everybody would come to know of the fact. Compare the price of a standard pc with 700 pounds and that of gamecube aroung 70 pounds, or a multi-util console such as XBOX or PS2 180 pounds. Another thing, the young gamers 8 - 13 may be masters at their games, but dont understand any type of error message, even a one like "this game cannot run on your system configuration" and call hardware and software engineers, just to look into the cause. Now, if consoles are marketed as errorless and plugandplay gaming, or gaming at ease, everyone would get attracted to it. Consider the fact that a dvd player from a top-class manufacturer in India will cost you round 150 pounds (because of the lack of competition), while you would get a gaming beast plus dvd player for around the same price. similiarly there are so many plus-points of a console compared to a purely-for-gaming-pc. Its cheap, hassle free and perhaps more.
The only obstacles would be the expensive games. Cheapest games for the 3 consoles come for 20 pounds, or 1000 rs. People are used to buying the latest games (pirated) for 30 rs. 0.50 Pounds and showing-off what games they have. But this would be fairly easy to overcome if the three juggernauts want it. The game companies are drawing their profit from where they are currently selling them. Why greed for the same amount of profit from India? manufacturing a game disc would not be expensive. Just add a considerable profit to the price and sell it for low prices like 10 pounds or so. simple reason, if you are going to sell halo for xbox in India for 10 pounds and get a profit of 2 pounds, you are getting a huge profit. Why? Because MS had already gained all the developing cost when they had launched the game in other countries.
Simliar strategies can earn the 3 console manufacturers a lot of income. And where do you have do something out of the ordinary? Sony is best home-appliances company in India along with Samsung and others. Microsoft is the best software manufacturer in India as Microsoft India. With all the facts I mentioned, I dont see any reason in depriving the consoles from one-sixth of the world's population.
PLEASE ADD YOU REPLIES! THANK YOU!
Wed 31/12/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
India is the 7th largest country in the world and is the home to more than 1/6 th (one sixth) population of the world. India is the place where gaming industry can expand its base.
I'll provide some basic introduction to the gaming scene in India: -
Although India is one of the developing countries, the metros, cities and towns are well-developed and well civilized. (Throughout this message, please note that whatever I am posting regards only to who can afford it, I am not making any comments about those who cant). : -
In India, the best gaming system is considered a pc. Apart from its gaming capabilities, it can serve various other purposes as well. This is the thinking underlying the demands of the next generation who want to enjoy video-gaming, when they demand a pc, completely unaware of consoles like XBOX, PS2 or Gamecube.
The next gaming machine is the psx called only the playstation (majority does not know that a sequel to the psx has been released 3 years ago), but mostly unsuccesfull because of two reasons:-
1. It is not multi-util as a pc and it is "expensive" only for gaming at about 70 Pounds 5000 rs.
2. During 1996, lots of variations of Illegal NES clones were introduced in India from the far-east (even from the respected companies like Bossh - I am unsure about the spelling though bu the logo is the same.) Now a new gadget is introduced which can play audio cds, video cds, mp3s and has an inbuilt nes-emulator and comes with a 300 game disc. The whole gadget with the disc is for around 30 pounds.
Many parents buy their children a new pc for about 50000 rs. 700 pounds purely for gaming. They think that their children would make good use of it for learning stuff as well apart from gaming. But they dont know that PC cant teach you any thing until there is any software. The result, it hurts the reputation of pc and those who do some solid-constructive work on their pcs. PCing in India is termed playing on Computer.
Getting apart from these things and coming on the main topic, if at this time a console is released in India with proper marketing, the manufacturer(MS, Sony and Nintendo) will get his console a lot of success. There are many reasons for it. Firstly as you know, consoles would be much cheaper than PC, and if it is properly marketed unlike the psx, everybody would come to know of the fact. Compare the price of a standard pc with 700 pounds and that of gamecube aroung 70 pounds, or a multi-util console such as XBOX or PS2 180 pounds. Another thing, the young gamers 8 - 13 may be masters at their games, but dont understand any type of error message, even a one like "this game cannot run on your system configuration" and call hardware and software engineers, just to look into the cause. Now, if consoles are marketed as errorless and plugandplay gaming, or gaming at ease, everyone would get attracted to it. Consider the fact that a dvd player from a top-class manufacturer in India will cost you round 150 pounds (because of the lack of competition), while you would get a gaming beast plus dvd player for around the same price. similiarly there are so many plus-points of a console compared to a purely-for-gaming-pc. Its cheap, hassle free and perhaps more.
The only obstacles would be the expensive games. Cheapest games for the 3 consoles come for 20 pounds, or 1000 rs. People are used to buying the latest games (pirated) for 30 rs. 0.50 Pounds and showing-off what games they have. But this would be fairly easy to overcome if the three juggernauts want it. The game companies are drawing their profit from where they are currently selling them. Why greed for the same amount of profit from India? manufacturing a game disc would not be expensive. Just add a considerable profit to the price and sell it for low prices like 10 pounds or so. simple reason, if you are going to sell halo for xbox in India for 10 pounds and get a profit of 2 pounds, you are getting a huge profit. Why? Because MS had already gained all the developing cost when they had launched the game in other countries.
Simliar strategies can earn the 3 console manufacturers a lot of income. And where do you have do something out of the ordinary? Sony is best home-appliances company in India along with Samsung and others. Microsoft is the best software manufacturer in India as Microsoft India. With all the facts I mentioned, I dont see any reason in depriving the consoles from one-sixth of the world's population.
PLEASE ADD YOU REPLIES! THANK YOU!
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Me > J00"
Why did you write TWO topics about this? What do you care? :P
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:10
"For the horde!!!!"
Stop spamming the forums with this rubbis
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Me > J00"
Yeah, who cares if Indians have PS2s. Not me.
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:15
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
I care, because I am an India. It is no spamming. This is a horum isnt it?
So if the forum mods dont tell that this is spamming, why do you think?
Am I not just posting my opinions?
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Bond - James Bond"
I care, because I am an Indian. It is no spamming. This is a forum isnt it?
So if the forum mods dont think that this is spamming, why do you think?
Am I not just posting my opinions?
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:17
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
Dharav wrote:
> I care, because I am an India. It is no spamming. This is a horum isnt
> it?
> So if the forum mods dont tell that this is spamming, why do you
> think?
> Am I not just posting my opinions?

What is an India and what is a horum?
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Me > J00"
Dharav wrote:
> I care, because I am an India. It is no spamming. This is a horum isnt
> it?
> So if the forum mods dont tell that this is spamming, why do you
> think?
> Am I not just posting my opinions?

No, this is not a horum, so please bagger off.
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:38
"For the horde!!!!"
Dharav wrote:
>It is no spamming.

Making two topics that are almost the same is spamming moron

>This is a forum isnt it?

no it's an icecream maker /sarcasm

> So if the forum mods dont think that this is spamming, why do you
> think?

reason for starting two topics is?
Wed 31/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Oh come on, enough with the typos already.

I think he has a point, even though I agree we didn't need it posted twice. I'ts a huge potential market, much like China, and also like China it should be taken advantage of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.