GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can i ask for your help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/11/06 at 19:33
Regular
Hey guys and gals, at the moment I am doing about the information age for AS ICT and well we have to interview people so well i was hoping you wouldn't mind answering a few questions on the digital divide to contribute towards my coursework,I am not sure what questions to ask but if anyone has any knowledge on the digital divide their input would be greately appreaciated. I would very much appreciate any replies, sensible answers only please.

1.What is your opinion on the digital divide?
2.Are you afraid to use any new technology? If so why?
3.How can the gap be reduced?
4.Does the government need to do more? If so what would be your recommendations?

well thats all I can think of, so thanks for your help if there is anyone that can help, any input I'd very much appreciate.
Thu 09/11/06 at 11:48
Regular
schummi wrote:
> 1.What is your opinion on the digital divide?

It seems to be the older generation that are slow in taking up new technology. I guess it's because they've lived their life without it for so long that they feel they don't need it. However that's been changing and you do see a lot more accepting it, whether it's computers, the internet, mobile phones or digital television.

> 2.Are you afraid to use any new technology? If so why?

Not at all, I seem to embrace it all. If price wasn't an issue I would like to use more technology in my site. I can't see why someone would be afraid of new technology.

> 3.How can the gap be reduced?

Information is important, with the digital switch over coming up the Government has to make sure everyone is aware, if they don't then 100,000s or millions could find themselves without TV.

> 4.Does the government need to do more? If so what would be your
> recommendations?

Yes I do think they need to do more, perhaps sending out free information packs or providing local classes,etc. Apart from digital television I havent seen them do much else to promote new digital technology.
Sun 05/11/06 at 20:04
Regular
Darebee wrote:
> schummi wrote:
>
>
> It's caused by people being unwilling to embrace new technology
> but in the end even those who resist it will have to embrace it
> sooner rather than later as the new technology will be an
> essential part of life ie digtal TV after analogue is switched
> off.
>
>
> No I'm open to trying new technology and if it isn't for me I'll
> stop using it.
>
>
> Better education available to people and cheaper prices.
>
> recommendations?
>

thanks for your contribution, very much appreciated
> Probably help with the education bit on a national scale.
Sat 04/11/06 at 15:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
schummi wrote:

It's caused by people being unwilling to embrace new technology but in the end even those who resist it will have to embrace it sooner rather than later as the new technology will be an essential part of life ie digtal TV after analogue is switched off.

No I'm open to trying new technology and if it isn't for me I'll stop using it.

Better education available to people and cheaper prices.

> recommendations?

Probably help with the education bit on a national scale.
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:53
Regular
"8==="
Nay probs. :)
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:49
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Obviously a few of the questions were answered vaguely thinking
> about the world-wide problems caused by the digital divide and
> not just thinking about it on a national level.

Well I do have to write about world-wide problems too, so its a help, thanks for your contribution.
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:45
Regular
"8==="
schummi wrote:
>

It's the classic 'have's' and 'have nots', those who don't have the net, mobile phones find it harder to do certain things or have to take a less direct route to solving a problem.

'Afraid's' a little strong but I don't like to use mobile phones for anything but the odd short call or have them near me because of the radiation.

Cheaper solutions. We have the clockwork radio so perhaps we can push the cheaper set-top boxes that came out ages ago to just allow you to browse the net without any of the extras?

> recommendations?

Free broadband nation-wide(ish), they have it in the States.

Obviously a few of the questions were answered vaguely thinking about the world-wide problems caused by the digital divide and not just thinking about it on a national level.
Thu 02/11/06 at 19:33
Regular
Hey guys and gals, at the moment I am doing about the information age for AS ICT and well we have to interview people so well i was hoping you wouldn't mind answering a few questions on the digital divide to contribute towards my coursework,I am not sure what questions to ask but if anyone has any knowledge on the digital divide their input would be greately appreaciated. I would very much appreciate any replies, sensible answers only please.

1.What is your opinion on the digital divide?
2.Are you afraid to use any new technology? If so why?
3.How can the gap be reduced?
4.Does the government need to do more? If so what would be your recommendations?

well thats all I can think of, so thanks for your help if there is anyone that can help, any input I'd very much appreciate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.