GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Ninjatown (DS)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ninjatown'.
Mon 03/08/09 at 14:00
"possibly impossible"
Ninja’s; stealthy, sneaky, dangerous and….cute?.. Well, these ones are. Ninjatown features a bunch of the cutest Ninjas ever to come out of a Dojo. The town in question is about to be over-run by the evil Mr Demon and his minions in their bid to steal the recipe for the famous Ninja Cookies. Yes, really. Who thinks up these stories?!

Anyway, what this means in game terms is that you get a map with positions for bases. The critters you need to stop will come from one side of the screen and try to make it to the other. Placing bases with different Ninjas (basic black Ninjas, faster or stronger ones or various long range ninjas) allows you to stop them before they get to their goal.

It’s really easy to pick up and the first few levels act as a basic tutorial. You will breeze through the first missions, even my 5 year old managed 2 levels, but things get tougher with the introduction of new monsters like zombies and poisonous ninjas or enemy weapons. To combat this you also get Ol’ Master Ninjas special abilities as your cookie power increases. These range from a mighty wind (where you blow in to the microphone to blow enemies back up the path) or a magnifying glass to burn enemies you can’t reach. More powers are added as you progress but the later ones use far more power and therefore need to be used sparingly.

Multiplayer is for 2 consoles only and there is sadly no online which, in my opinion, is a big missed opportunity. I really hope if there is a sequel that they decide to do a Demon vs Ninja mode online or even local multiplayer. As it stands you both get the same map and have to beat each other in stopping the enemies, placing a better hut on the same space in the map as your counterpart will then cause theirs to disappear. It’s not great but better than nothing.

Graphically this game is as cute and cartoony as it comes. This is all part of the charm of Ninjatown though and you’ll pretty much know whether you like it or not from looking at screenshots on the back of the box or online. Personally, I loved the look of it and it matched the cute and tongue in cheek story.

Overall Ninjatown had me hooked throughout the singleplayer but was let down a bit by the inferior multiplayer.

7.5/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 03/08/09 at 14:00
"possibly impossible"
Ninja’s; stealthy, sneaky, dangerous and….cute?.. Well, these ones are. Ninjatown features a bunch of the cutest Ninjas ever to come out of a Dojo. The town in question is about to be over-run by the evil Mr Demon and his minions in their bid to steal the recipe for the famous Ninja Cookies. Yes, really. Who thinks up these stories?!

Anyway, what this means in game terms is that you get a map with positions for bases. The critters you need to stop will come from one side of the screen and try to make it to the other. Placing bases with different Ninjas (basic black Ninjas, faster or stronger ones or various long range ninjas) allows you to stop them before they get to their goal.

It’s really easy to pick up and the first few levels act as a basic tutorial. You will breeze through the first missions, even my 5 year old managed 2 levels, but things get tougher with the introduction of new monsters like zombies and poisonous ninjas or enemy weapons. To combat this you also get Ol’ Master Ninjas special abilities as your cookie power increases. These range from a mighty wind (where you blow in to the microphone to blow enemies back up the path) or a magnifying glass to burn enemies you can’t reach. More powers are added as you progress but the later ones use far more power and therefore need to be used sparingly.

Multiplayer is for 2 consoles only and there is sadly no online which, in my opinion, is a big missed opportunity. I really hope if there is a sequel that they decide to do a Demon vs Ninja mode online or even local multiplayer. As it stands you both get the same map and have to beat each other in stopping the enemies, placing a better hut on the same space in the map as your counterpart will then cause theirs to disappear. It’s not great but better than nothing.

Graphically this game is as cute and cartoony as it comes. This is all part of the charm of Ninjatown though and you’ll pretty much know whether you like it or not from looking at screenshots on the back of the box or online. Personally, I loved the look of it and it matched the cute and tongue in cheek story.

Overall Ninjatown had me hooked throughout the singleplayer but was let down a bit by the inferior multiplayer.

7.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.