GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email filter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 15:53
I've had Mailwasher for almost a year now, and despite having a database of hundreds of blacklisted email addresses and domain names, I still find that I take too long over deleting spam. On top of that, more and more spam is coming through with no email addy, meaning it can't be blacklisted as there is no return address to blacklist.

Is there some sort of filter that only accepts emails from chosen addresses, and deletes everything else automatically? I realise the risk of deleting wanted emails, but I'd rather that than waste 10 or so minutes every day trawling through junk.
Tue 30/12/03 at 10:05
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Is this done server side, or after downloading the messages?

The turkey sandwich eating is done server side, but rest is client side.

the borg
Tue 30/12/03 at 08:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I use Thunderbird to filter spam on my old POP box. My new IMAP address automatically filters spam, but I don't get any anyway. The best way to avoid spam is to simply not let the spammers get your address in the first place.
Tue 30/12/03 at 04:52
Regular
"How Handy."
No, you'll still download the e-mail, but it'll delete it straight away.
Tue 30/12/03 at 03:55
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I think its done server side.
Tue 30/12/03 at 01:37
Is this done server side, or after downloading the messages?
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:19
Regular
Outlook express 6

Tools - Message Rules - mail...

New - Tick 'Where the from field contains people' - click 'contains people'

Type in addresses or browse address book - options - Message does not contain the people below - ok - ok

Tick 'delete it'

Name the rule - ok

Eat a turkey sandwich

Done

the borg
Mon 29/12/03 at 15:53
I've had Mailwasher for almost a year now, and despite having a database of hundreds of blacklisted email addresses and domain names, I still find that I take too long over deleting spam. On top of that, more and more spam is coming through with no email addy, meaning it can't be blacklisted as there is no return address to blacklist.

Is there some sort of filter that only accepts emails from chosen addresses, and deletes everything else automatically? I realise the risk of deleting wanted emails, but I'd rather that than waste 10 or so minutes every day trawling through junk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.