GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Black and White"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/03/01 at 18:37
Regular
What do you think about Black and White? It certainly seems like an unusual idea: virtually no interface, and the ability to do anything. It seems simple at first, but potential just about anything you like can be done with this tool. There has been an awful lot of specualation about the game: the graphics look excellent, the game looks easy to start to play, and it is VERY original, which is nice to see in a modern game.

I suppose that we will have to wait for the long-awaited release of the game (is it still April 6th?) to eventually come before we can get any answers, but it would be a very big disappointment or the gaming world if the game isn't very good, especially with the upcoming ports to consoles being thought out. I would, however, be very surprised as well as disappointed if the game isn't pretty good, going by the amount of production time and testing that have taken place!
Tue 20/03/01 at 18:37
Regular
What do you think about Black and White? It certainly seems like an unusual idea: virtually no interface, and the ability to do anything. It seems simple at first, but potential just about anything you like can be done with this tool. There has been an awful lot of specualation about the game: the graphics look excellent, the game looks easy to start to play, and it is VERY original, which is nice to see in a modern game.

I suppose that we will have to wait for the long-awaited release of the game (is it still April 6th?) to eventually come before we can get any answers, but it would be a very big disappointment or the gaming world if the game isn't very good, especially with the upcoming ports to consoles being thought out. I would, however, be very surprised as well as disappointed if the game isn't pretty good, going by the amount of production time and testing that have taken place!
Tue 20/03/01 at 20:31
It might have been brought forward (according to two reliable sources it will be the 30th of March) but if Special Reserve don't get it till just before the 6th then we don't so we'll have to see. It is good from the review I read and they have played it, apparently the only problem is scrolling the camera which seems to be unnecessarily complicated (It was the PC Gamer review). Maybe they'll change the camera thing in a patch? Anyway the first thing i'm going to do is make an evil cow and throw a villager.
Tue 20/03/01 at 20:40
Regular
The PC Zone review gave it something like 95%, and they gave Deus Ex only 92, so B&W must be good!!!!

Have you ever known Peter Molyneux (sp?) to ever mess things up? He would never release a game that he didt think was up to scratch, and if he thinks its ready, then it must be perfect. Im looking forward to the release date already!!!
Tue 20/03/01 at 20:55
Darn straigh and it was PC Gamer, who gave an extra 1% to Deus Ex over B&W but they tend to be biased towards anything that you see from first person perspective and shoot things in, which you don't do in B&W.
Anyway yes, I loved Dungeon Keeper (Don't go saying Dungeon Keeper 2 wasn't as good as it should have been, Molyneux wasn't really involved in that).
It will be as it should be which is why it took about 3 years was it?
Tue 20/03/01 at 22:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like the sound of this game - It looks really quite bizzare though!! Any idea of when the Dreamcast release date is??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.