GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My site and Mozilla..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/12/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I thought I had got it looking all nice. I've just looked at it through Mozilla and wow, what a mess...

The top left box doesn't seem to have worked properly with the text being all huge, the middle bit is all out of line, it's all gone wrong...

Has anyone noticed this before? Or is it just me?

I need to change it straight away if it's gonna look like this on other browsers although most people use IE...

Argh!
Thu 15/01/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I've managed to redo the site with Mozilla in mind this time. Everything works fine so I'm happy, plus I've added a few more bits to it to make it easier to update. (I love this MySQL stuff!)

One thing I noticed that is a pain in the a*se is that when using the padding thing in CSS, IE will actually pad inside the
while Mozilla will add a padding outside it making the
bigger than what it should be. That's a real sod.

Is there a way to make Mozilla add a padding to the inside of the
and make it keep the original size and not get bigger?
Sun 04/01/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Sorry, I've been away all week.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to play about with it quite a bit now. It looks absolutely crap in Mozilla, I'll have to do a lot of reading too!

Oh, and I didn't use a pagebuilder, I attempted to make it using a stylesheet and id'd
s which unfortunatly all went wrong!

Back to the drawing board...
Fri 02/01/04 at 19:46
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Your doing it the wrong way around. Get it to work in Moz first, this is the mopst standards compliant browser there is, if it works in Moz, it'll work in anything!

Second suggestion... You should all ditch everything for Firebird!

Forget IE, it'll be dead after Longhorn!
Fri 02/01/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But nasty code is hard to write yourself.
Fri 02/01/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Only if it's coded correctly...
Tue 30/12/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Handwritten code tends to work in both browsers.
Tue 30/12/03 at 12:09
"Bothered!"
I dont' think phil used a pagebuilder. I have a feeling he told me that he coded it in notepad. Cud be wrong!?!
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:34
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> I thought I had got it looking all nice. I've just looked at it
> through Mozilla and wow, what a mess...

I would sort out IE first. The centre table resizes depending on what link you click on down the left side (even overlapping others in the process). It overlaps terribly in lower resolutions or smaller than maximised windows. The title is stuffed full of keywords and will get you kicked off search engines and telling people to view in 1024x768 is pointless if it still looks bad.

the borg
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What pagebuilder did you use?
Sun 28/12/03 at 15:42
Regular
Yeah doesn't look too brilliant with Mozilla. The links down the side are the same, they don't look too brilliant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.