GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are they actually any better then us?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/03/01 at 14:00
Regular
We all have films we love to watch over and over again, sometimes our favourite films can become something of a hobby as we watch them all the time, for certain scenes, phrases but mostly the whole film!

I find that comedies with catchy sentences draw me in the most, how about you? You see the thing is, you watch a film so many times and some lines are so catchy that when you watch that film again for say the 3rd or 7th time you realise you know all the words!

People go about saying phrases from films all the time, one such example is ‘Titanic’: “I’m the king of the world”. But have you ever sat down at your favourite film knowing most of the words? And then realised “Hey, I could do a better job then ol’ Tom here!”

You see, most people around the world now probably can say the script better then the actual actor/actress themselves, just that their talent has not been spotted. And here we have actors/actresses making millions of pounds when some of us could do just as well!

Ok, for films this may not be such a good idea as the acting on the person may be bad. But how bout for voiceovers such as in a Toy Story film. Why did they have to have the voice of Tom Hanks? Why not Billy from Brighton?

You could ask yourself this for what I have just said:

Did I go and watch Castaway to hear Tom Hanks?

I would definitely say no, his American accent can be very annoying. I went to go see it to watch him ‘act’ as he is an ‘actor’. But do I see him doing acting in Toy Story? Why, out of all actors did they choose him to do Woody? Why is his voice more special?

Ok, I feel as though I am giving old Tom here a bad time, but I am not just shouting at you Tom, if you are reading this and not tuning up your voice ;). I am not taking it out on Tom Hanks, he is a great actor and his years of experience shows that. I am saying it for all actors/actresses that have done voiceovers.

So, really you have to ask yourself this:

Would an animated film such as ‘Toy Story’, do as well as it would without stars as voiceovers?

I don’t think they would, but why shouldn’t they?
Thu 22/03/01 at 13:34
Regular
"not dead"
"If Andi Peters gets I line in Toy Story 2 my client should get a line in Toy Story 2." Said my agent.

"Sod off." came the reply.
Tue 20/03/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
I agree with your point however didn't occur to you that perhaps half the attraction in films is who is in it. In Toy Story's case the people doing 'voice-overs'. If they didn't get big-name actors in to do the job then the film might not have pulled in as much of the audience. It would be like having the best product in the world but not advertising it. I know it is a bad analogy but I'm away to pass out from lack of food.
Tue 20/03/01 at 14:00
"Uzi Lover"
We all have films we love to watch over and over again, sometimes our favourite films can become something of a hobby as we watch them all the time, for certain scenes, phrases but mostly the whole film!

I find that comedies with catchy sentences draw me in the most, how about you? You see the thing is, you watch a film so many times and some lines are so catchy that when you watch that film again for say the 3rd or 7th time you realise you know all the words!

People go about saying phrases from films all the time, one such example is ‘Titanic’: “I’m the king of the world”. But have you ever sat down at your favourite film knowing most of the words? And then realised “Hey, I could do a better job then ol’ Tom here!”

You see, most people around the world now probably can say the script better then the actual actor/actress themselves, just that their talent has not been spotted. And here we have actors/actresses making millions of pounds when some of us could do just as well!

Ok, for films this may not be such a good idea as the acting on the person may be bad. But how bout for voiceovers such as in a Toy Story film. Why did they have to have the voice of Tom Hanks? Why not Billy from Brighton?

You could ask yourself this for what I have just said:

Did I go and watch Castaway to hear Tom Hanks?

I would definitely say no, his American accent can be very annoying. I went to go see it to watch him ‘act’ as he is an ‘actor’. But do I see him doing acting in Toy Story? Why, out of all actors did they choose him to do Woody? Why is his voice more special?

Ok, I feel as though I am giving old Tom here a bad time, but I am not just shouting at you Tom, if you are reading this and not tuning up your voice ;). I am not taking it out on Tom Hanks, he is a great actor and his years of experience shows that. I am saying it for all actors/actresses that have done voiceovers.

So, really you have to ask yourself this:

Would an animated film such as ‘Toy Story’, do as well as it would without stars as voiceovers?

I don’t think they would, but why shouldn’t they?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.